Pinterest url verification

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am trying to add either a html meta tag or file to verify my website on pinterest and i am not sure how to do it..I have tired to add the snipit like you would a button but it didnt work...any thoughts
Photo of douglas8043

douglas8043

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The easiest method is to just upload the html file into the file manager via SiteBuilder. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

We have seen many cases where you have to wait a while after uploading the file before Pinterest seems to find/verify it. Go ahead and upload the file again and then try to wait a few hours or until the next day to verify.

Mike
Photo of Susan5448

Susan5448

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, I know this is an old post but I am having difficulty with this same problem. I "Imported" the file to the file manager. I waited and I am still having problems getting verified. Is there a special place in the file manager that it is suppose to be? ( ie with the list of all the other files?) Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks Suzie
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Susan5448 ,

You placed the file in the right location, but you have to publish it after it's imported. I just published it for you so you can try to do the verification again.

Mike
Photo of douglas8043

douglas8043

Thanks Mike i will see if that worked, i had no idea it was that easy...is it possible to di it with a snipett also??? just wondering...Thanks Doug
Photo of douglas8043

douglas8043

and as a follow up it did work took about ten minutes...thanks again
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great! Glad it worked.
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lana, I am sorry for the slow response.  Did you figure this out or do you still need assistance?

Drew
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

Yes please I have not figured this out?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

What verification method are you trying to use? and where are you getting stuck?
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

I do not even know where to begin
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

In order for my website to link to photos I download onto pinterest they want me to verify my website and so my website with you has to have a verification file loaded into my file manager and it is Pinterest-dc61b.html or a meta tag which is metametadc61b487ab5f931b which is to be added to the index.html file or equivalent.... I have no idea how to either one of these options on my website?
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

correction the meta tag is metametadc61b487ab5f931b
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

for some reason this is not typing correctly? < these symbols are not showing up when I type them above?
Photo of Lana5908

Lana5908

can you do this for me?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can't post the html code in this thread as the special characters won't appear. If you save it as an image file an upload it, I'll add it for you, or it may be easier to just add it directly. Take the code that you are trying to post here, and add it to the head section as shown in this thread: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Gloria9529

Gloria9529

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how do I verify my BigCommerce business on Pinterest.

I am trying to verify my business on Pinterest and do not know how to place the "meta tag to the of your index.html file or equivalent " on my BigCommerce account. Where do I copy the meta tag?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you click the Page Settings button, then the Advanced link, you'll see a field for the Head section which is where you'll paste the code.

Mike
Photo of Gloria9529

Gloria9529

ok, not to sound stupid, but where do I find the Page settings button?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I see you are using the old desktop SiteBuilder. Instead of a Page Settings button, you'll have a Page Info button.
Photo of Gloria9529

Gloria9529

Sorry but I am still confused, I went to my old Homestead site and this msg appears "The Storefront Administrator is your store manager until you move to the new system. Use it to make design changes, add products, handle your orders and more. " Am I not already moved to BigCommerce? If so where do I place the "meta tag " on my BigCommerce account?
Photo of Gloria9529

Gloria9529

I am in the Homestead storefront is that where I should be? Or should I be making behind the scene changes via a link on my BigCommerce site?
Photo of Gloria9529

Gloria9529

ok after doing research I can honestly say that I do not think I have any idea where the desktop sitebuilder is at, I looked at the pic that was on an other comment and I have never seen that page.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Gloria9529, sorry for the confusion but yes. Going forward, you'll need to log in and make changes to the Bigcommerce site. Since you have a Storefront plan, you won't need or have access to the desktop SiteBuilder.

If you have not logged into the Bigcommerce site before, there will be some important steps you need to complete. First, be sure to bookmark this URL http://store-hz80j.mybigcommerce.com/...
This is where you will set your password and log in. Then, you'll want to complete the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Then, when you are ready to verify your site with Pinterest, visit this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of umeeka3576

umeeka3576

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
how to verify homestead website for pinterest.

Need to verify website for pinterest...how do I do it?
Photo of OnlineLifestyle

OnlineLifestyle

• 2,064 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Uploading a file.

Hi, I'd like to upload my site verification for Pinterest. I've tried html on page but to no avail. Do I have the option to upload a file for one of my sites (http://www.designsbycynthia.org/)
Thanks for your assistance.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Rivqa9779,   Try the uploading the html file method as explained in the first post above.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.