How can I upload multiple photos into the photo gallery element?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

What is the best way to upload multiple photos into a photo gallery - we generally have to show any images to our database and loading them one at a time if frankly... making me nuts ! Am I missing something here? Where is the option or way to load a photo album into a photo gallery?
Photo of Celeste3477

Celeste3477

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Celeste3477,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately you can only upload one photo at a time with the photo gallery element. If you use your file manager you can upload all the images at once, but you would still have to load them one at a time into your photo gallery.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of maversa2517

maversa2517

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
like Celeste3477... I too find this very frustrating!! I sometimes add 50 to 100 photos to my photo gallery, and to load them ONE at a time is crazy!!

I am currently trying the Intuit site on a trial basis, but if I have to deal with photos one at a time... that sure isn't going to work for me.

I would hope at some point, Intuit/Homestead would review this process and realize it is highly unproductive for those of us that use our websites for featuring images of items on a regular basis

UGH!!!
Mike A...
Photo of Celeste3477

Celeste3477

Chris Folmer - when is this going to change? in exploring other options and based upon the amount of $ it costs us to keep our business with Homestead, this is NOT something we should be dealing with - there needs to be a fix very soon - how soon is this going to change???
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Celeste3477,

Again, sorry for your frustrations. I've submitted it as an Idea for our development team to look into, but it isn't currently on their list of upgrades. I don't have an ETA on when something like this will be available, but as soon as I hear back, I'll update this thread. Thanks ^Chris
Photo of Julie6475

Julie6475

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is my main frustration with intuit! I've been asking for a change for the photo gallery since 2010! I understand uploading one at a time if you just want one picture, but if you are doing a gallery shouldn't you be able to upload more than one at a time. Facebook can do it, why can't you? This is ridiculous! My site is mainly based on pictures, I had to start putting in Facebook links because it takes too darn long to upload one picture at a time! This seriously needs to be changed! www.wavesofworshipflagministry.com
Photo of Celeste3477

Celeste3477

Any solutions yet to loading photos??? I have been loading photos ALL afternoon and it's driving me insane - how, in this day and age does a website developer not have the baility to provide its customers with an easy way to load photos on their site? SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
PHOTOS!.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi All,

I know it can be frustrating uploading images one at a time. Unfortunately we do not have an eta for if/when this feature will be upgraded as Chris mentioned above.

When we know more, we'll be sure to update you all.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Chassity7589

Chassity7589

• 70 Points
Yea that seems to be the answer to all of the questions we ask here, O I am so sorry but we cant do crap to help you. This Web host sucks!!! I will be switching to a new host as soon as I find one user friendly!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.