Photo replacement in the gallery

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am trying to get my photos to take the place of the photos shown in the gallery and can't seem to get rid of the template photos. How can i upload mine and remove the old photos?
Photo of childrenssampleoutlet1702

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
HI childrenssampleoutlet1702 -

Good question! You should be able to click on the photo gallery on the template, and replace them with your own looking at the Properties Editor on the right. The Properties Editor will have the list of pictures being used, and you can click on the "-" icon to delete the unwanted pictures, then click on "+" to add your own.

Hope that helps!
Photo of deedee9334

deedee9334

• 70 Points
The uploading process just hangs. I can't upload photos.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi deedee -

Do you mind trying to clear your browser's cache and see if that resolves anything?

Please let me know!
Photo of David1617

David1617

• 72 Points
In my photo gallery are several images that I want to delete. How can I do that?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I delete a photo that is being stored on my site but is not intended to be used in the future?.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
When you delete an image from the photo gallery element, it does not remove it from the file manager, so the picture will still be stored.
Photo of Ted4348

Ted4348

• 60 Points
So are you saying we cannot delete old unwanted photos?
Photo of David1617

David1617

• 72 Points
I can delete them from my web page, but I want to entirely delete them from the Homestead web site files in hopes it may allow my site to load faster. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to edit my web site because they load so slowly.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can delete any unwanted pages, or pictures from the file manager screen if you wish to permanently get rid of them. This link shows you how to access the file manager if you are not familiar with it. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of sambingham0613

sambingham0613

• 60 Points
The standard photo gallery is in the background on my home page. How do I get rid of it? I tried to double click; but that removes my text.

THX
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi sambingham0613, I see the photo gallery on your home page when I view the live site, but when I open it in SiteBuilder it is not there. If you just republish the index page, it will remove itself from the published site.

Thanks!
Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.