Phishing?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Can someone tell me what this means? It came in my email today - Please find following the automated daily renewal
reminder message. To configure the options for this
message, please see the "Renewals" section of the
"Reseller Web Interface".
Photo of Sue4142

Sue4142

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, There is not near enough information there to confirm anything.

Who was the sender? Is there more to the message? If so please post the full email here.

Mike
Photo of Sue4142

Sue4142

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
That was the full email. Nothing more.

I no longer own or pay for the account to which it referred and have never gotten anything like this since I have been using Homestead (2006). My renewals take place automatically in July.

It came from: Homestead Technologies, Inc [hostmaster@professional.homesteadsupp...]
and was titled: Automated 30 day renewal reminder 2014-02-11
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thank you for reporting this. There are some new emails that we (our domain registrar), are now required to send out due to ICANN regulations. That is a legitimate email.
Photo of June9913

June9913

• 60 Points
Where do I send an email that is Phishing?

I have the email and can print the source - but I don't know where to report this.

Thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can generally just delete the email if it's spam, but if it looks like fraud, or you have been victimized, the FBI has a website for reporting internet crimes. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.