People can't access my website

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am getting more and more emails from people that are no longer able to access my website. Some people can see it fine, others can't get to it at all. Customer support told me that there is no problem on their end and it must be the browser or internet service used by these people. This doesn't help at all. Here is a typical note from one of them:
"We tried 3 different computers, 3 different web browsers, and our computer support and our internet provider and they both said it is a problem with the website. We are able to access any shopping and other websites we have tried except for yours."

This is frustrating and is costing me business. If I didn't already have over 12 years of work into homestead I'd consider scrapping it all together - but I don't want to rebuild hundreds of pages from scratch. Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I've even suggested people insert homestead.com as part of the address in case it is a problem with it being redirected - and that helps a small portion of the people, but not all. The web address is www.arizonagourds.com, redirected from www.arizonagourds.homestead.com

HELP! Bonnie Gibson
Photo of Bonnie3556

Bonnie3556

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • angry

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bonnie -

I am so sorry that many people have been unable to view your website. I'll need a bit of information, in order to investigate what is going on.

What operating system are they on - Windows 7 or 8? What is their ISP (Verizon, Comast, etc)?

You may want to try the following, as we found out what was causing some Windows 7/8 users tonot see Homestead websites:

1. Get to the Windows Desktop (on Windows 8 there is an app called Desktop)

2. Right click on the network connection and choose “Open Network and Sharing Center”

3. Click “Change adaptor settings”

4. Right click on your adaptor and choose “Properties”

5. Uncheck “AppEx Networks Accelerator”

6. Click OK

Once AppEx is unchecked Homestead should start showing correctly.

Hope that helps!
Aubrey
Photo of Bonnie3556

Bonnie3556

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks - I will see if I can post this somewhere on Facebook since they can't get the info from my web page. Several of the people having problems are using hotspots or satellite for their connections.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

Thanks - it should help, but if you still keep getting emails from users, please let us know.

It would help to get as much info about your visitors as much as possilbe, such as operating system, browser, and ISP.

Take care!
Aubrey
Photo of James4445

James4445

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How can I access homestead web urls through verizon wifi. I understand there is a problem with the verizon hardware but they have been working on a solution for many months. I have to travel to find another wifi option to access the homestead website or even publish my website. It is the Jetpack 4G LTO 890L mobile hotspot.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Can't access Homestead URL through Verizon Wifi.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

Hi James & Vickie -

If you're still having problems accessing your site, please check out the post above, as it should address the problem. If not, please let us know.

thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Vickie3922

Vickie3922

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Dear Aubrey:

After spending an hour on the phone with Verizon and a Homestead supervisor, we were told that the problem is on Homestead's end and that there is no eta when it will be fixed. Bottom line, is that it is Homestead's network issue with Verizon Jetpacks and none of the Verizon jetpack customers around the world can see or access any Homestead web site.

I've also been with Homestead for over 12 years and I will probably have to seek an alternate hosting company because for months I cannot even check email. I will try the simple fix mentioned above, but if it were that easy, I believe we all would have been told this months ago.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.