Paypal website payments pro (with API)

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Can I use this with Homestead? It is supposed to allow me to take credit cards directly on my site without customers leaving my site. I am baffled at how to use it though with homestead.

I only have a handful of products to sell and I do not need a simple store or storefront. I already pay for this service through paypal so I can take credit cards over the phone or in person.
Photo of Carrie0732

Carrie0732

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Carri0732,

The PayPal Payments Pro service is designed to integrate into an ecommerce website. It is an extreme overkill unless you are using a system like our Storefront product. It will work with our Storefront hosting plan, but not the SimpleStore. Depending on how many items you are selling, you may not even need a store. If it's a small number of products and you don't want to use any kind of store/shopping cart, then the best thing to do is log into your paypal account and get the html code for the payment buttons which you can just paste into your web pages. You can actually just use a standard PayPal account for this unless you need the Payments Pro plan for another purpose.

Mike
Photo of Carrie0732

Carrie0732

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
OK, thanks. I already pay for it since I use the virtual terminal, so I was hoping I could incorporate it. I already have regular paypal buttons on my site.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the follow up

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.