PayPal Shipping charges

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I have started a new website and registered the domain successfully. I am verified. The problem I am having is with my Paypal button. I need to change the shipping charges to 0 and cannot find out how to set the shipping charges when using the Paypal button.
Photo of Linda1081

Linda1081

• 976 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,984 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You change shipping charges using your ecommerce link.
Photo of Linda1081

Linda1081

Can you tell me where I would find my eCommerce link? Is it in sitebuilder?  thanks!
Photo of Linda1081

Linda1081

Ok, I have located the eCommerce button.  I do not have a Simple Store  or a Storefront.  I don't want either.  I just want a simple Paypal button to lead to purchasing one item.  I have it instituted on another one of my sites that way.  The problem is I am using the same PayPal address for payments and it is picking up my shipping costs from my other website when it goes to check out.  On this new website the shipping is free for items but it is adding shipping charges.  Is there any way to change this or do i need a whole new PayPal account to accomplish this? 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

When you logon to Homestead, Select the Ecommerce tab. This will take you to your product add or edit for your store. When you add or edit an item, you'll have an opportunity to select delivery fees. Have you built your store yourself? This is required for each item in the simple store.
Photo of Linda1081

Linda1081

I cannot find anywhere to change shipping fees, however if you purchase, it automatically adds shipping charges that I have set up on my other site and I cannot remember how to change shipping charges,
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You could link a paypal button to your other site: Just create a button and create a link. You'll need to set up a pay pal account for a homestead store. You would need to edit your hosting site for freight charges.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
By not using Simplestore, you would set up shipping within Paypal.
Photo of Linda1081

Linda1081

yes!  Thank you! just figured that out.  However the problem comes in because I wanted to use the same PayPal account for both stores but the new one is picking up the shipping charges from the first site.  I need the new site to be free shipping.  I am now figuring that I will have to open a separate PayPal account under the new business name.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes, you really should have a separate one. The reporting will be better for you when dealing with taxes
Photo of Linda1081

Linda1081

I knew that would be the answer but I was hoping against hope that I could do it the easy way.....your help was great.  Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.