Pages appear on internet, can't find them on homestead website

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

can't find some published pages on homestead. where did they go? why don't you have email support?
Photo of patricia2186

patricia2186

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 62,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you exceeded your page limit or storage limit. If they appear online, they should be in your Page View.
Photo of patricia2186

patricia2186

I agree they should be there.   I just have this problem with one website.  Pages seem to have a .xpf file.  The two pages in this group have .xpf files but there are weird files that i don't see in the other websites - .hc, .htm., ..ns4.html..ns3.html,.thumb  - all with the index prefix. other pages that show up online don't have the .xpf file but do have the .hc, .html.,...n3html and ..n4.html.  The .jpg files are visible for all the pages under file manager.  It sounds like maybe it got corrupted but I think if i tried to publish it those pages would probably go away.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 62,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Can you recreate the pages?
Photo of patricia2186

patricia2186

Probably. I have the index page and most if not all of the original photos
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,214 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can copy off your website.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,310 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What site is the issue? .hc files are extremely old files that were published by Sitebuilder desktop about 10 years ago or earlier. .xpf replaced .hc about that time. If you publish the .hc files from desktop they will convert to .xpf.
Photo of patricia2186

patricia2186

heidisbirthday.homestead.com 
I recreated the pages and published it and thought it would go away.  Unfortunately when i click on one or more of the pages in a place it shouldn't have a link, it finds an old page and from their it finds another...one of the .hc pages.   I know when this started they showed up in the file list but they aren't there.  I should probably mention i changed the name from heidiisforty.homestead.com to this one.  I also didn't use the old page names.  So they are floating around out there. I'm not sure how to get rid of them  I was trying to find them to delete them.

It was an OLD website that I published for a 40th birthday.  It is her birthday this year and I was going to link to it and discovered it had her ex husband and some other now irrelevant info so i tried to modify it and found all the old pages and no source.  Any ideas?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,310 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
.hc files will only show in Sitebuilder desktop. You will not see them in Sitebuilder Plus. If you load the site in the esktop version and publish everything, they will convert to .xpf and be visible in Sitebuilder Plus.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.