Page Info box

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I close the page info box while using the new, improved, Sitebuilder Plus!?
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

• 1,574 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue -

Thanks for writing in!

As long as you have an element selected, the Page Properties Editor will appear in the right-hand side of Sitebuilder. There is currently no way to hide/undock it - I'm sorry.

However, if you click on your background and not on any of your page elements, the Properties Editor will not be visible.

Hope that helps!
Aubrey
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

I'm not sure it has helped. I did discover that by keeping on clicking here and there different things would happened, but I think not knowing what I was doing was probably how I ended up losing the first part of a very long web page. If i inadvertently clicked and all the boxes highlited, which I did notice was happeneing, that could have concevably happened to boxes of text and images out of my range of vision, which they were because I was working on the last part of the text.

So that's going to be an extra few hours work. why someone at your end would remove my SB and substitute AB+, then go home and go to bed, leaving me with data I had wanted to enter and no knowledge of how to do it is beyond me. Hop you all got a good sleep/
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry, Sue!

The goal of SB+ was to make website editing easier, not harder. Our developers are constantly working on SB+'s performance, so please keep giving us your feedback.

Are you not able to click on the background to get the Page Properties to hide? Are you experiencing other issues with SB+?
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

that should read SB+ not AB+
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

Yes, I finally saw that by clicking on the background the Page Info box would disappear. But if one clicked on a box of text, to add text or to make the box narrower or wider, the Info Box would appear again, and in doing so, it seemed the format, or appearance, of the entire page changed for my viewing, which made it difficult for me to know what I was doing. I had no need of the Info Box, yet it keep appearing, and as I said, it would distort the appearance of the page
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

Another issue with SB+ is the consequence of 'cut and paste' of text already in the text box. I used to do that, with SB, even if I revised an entire paragraph in the text box. It was easier to cut and paste a section of text that was linked up to another page or an article than it was to redo the link.

But when I tried to do that with SB+, I was informed that they couldn't because of my security system which prevented them. So another box opened into which I had to paste the text, and they transferred it to the box of text I had wanted it in. and when they did that, the link was lost - just plain text appeared. With SB, the text, if already containing a link, would remain with the link in it.

So this means even more work, as I have to find the linking material again. Furthermore, SB+ is once again blaming me, saying my security stopped them from adding text automatically, whereas the day before, suing SB, I could do it just fine.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.