Page won't show up in "View Page"

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

When I go to "View Page" and select my "gallery" page, it will not come up. I need to add a footer at the bottom, but the page won't come up.
Photo of delsol

delsol

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,724 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is it on your website?
Photo of delsol

delsol

Yes, it shows up on the live site.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

If it's on the live site, it should be on your Page List unless you inadvertently deleted it. If you did delete it, when you save a publish, the page will not appear on your site. Could it be under a different name?
Photo of delsol

delsol

Yes, I realize that it should be...but it's not! If I don't think I deleted it by accident because it is still showing up on the live site. It is not under a different name; the page name is "gallery." Thank you.
Photo of delsol

delsol

Sorry...I meant to say, "I don't think I deleted it..."
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Look in your File Manager.
Photo of delsol

delsol

What am I looking for in the "File Manager" section?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

The page will be listed and you can open it from there.
(Edited)
Photo of delsol

delsol

Thank you...the page is showing up now.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Great news! Why? What did you do?
Photo of delsol

delsol

I don't know...I thought you did something!

Also, I do not have a responsive website. I tried to get that through Duda, but it didn't work out. It said on the Homestead website that it was free, but it wasn't. Anyway, when I view the regular website on my phone, the footer gets separated on the index page and the "About" page. It's supposed to say "Libbye A. Morris" at the bottom of all pages, in the footer. But on those two pages, "Libbye A." is on one line, and "Morris" is on the next line, outside the borders of the frames. I went back in and removed all of them and pasted a footer that was showing up correctly. But that line is still breaking into two lines on those two pages. Any ideas about how I can fix it?

Thank you!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I'm not a homestead employee. I don't even know your website name.
Duda has been a free service partnership with Homestead. When you logon to Homestead, you should see the Free Duda option. Using Duda gives you a responsive design. It's their minimum service but it does work.
You're building this website with your phone? 
Photo of delsol

delsol

Oh, no...I wouldn't know how to build a website on my phone. I build it on my desktop computer. But I know most people view websites from their phones and devices, so I wanted to make sure my website looked OK when accessed from a phone. But it doesn't...
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I'm using Bigcommerce now. I used SB+ for about 3 years. Review some of these suggestions others have submitted. Duda should be available for no charge. The free Duda is easy to set up and works!
https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/GettingStarted.action

Apparently there's changes. Per Drew: EMPLOYEE - Drew N (Community Manager) 26 days ago

Dudamobile is making some changes so right now you would need to sign up for Dudamobile directly as opposed to through the Homestead account. It will not affect your Sitebuilder site in any case.
(Edited)
Photo of delsol

delsol

OK. Thank you! I appreciate your time and help.

Libbye
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you make the text box a little wider it might solve it. If you add it back on there and still have an issue, I can take a look for you.
Photo of delsol

delsol

That worked! It looked plenty wide, but I guess it wasn't. You are briliant! Thanks so much for your help.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.