Package features that I do not need or even use

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I would like to know how to remove some of the features I do not use from my website package and thus reduce cost - keeping the website with Homestead is not cost effective anymore and I will have to move away even though I have been with you since 2001!

Package features I do not need are;
Unlimited Websites
Blog
Paypal Commerce
Subdomains
Email Boxes

If this is not doable I would like information on how to downgrade my package to Business.

Please don't ask me to ring any US number as I live in the UK and am not paying stupid phone bills either!

I don't appreciate the sneaky, underhanded price rise either. You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot.
Photo of Debbie8804

Debbie8804

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Debbie, guys wont be back until Monday morning and like you, I live in the UK, so wont be phoning the states any time soon. However I know they can accomodate a change in accounts and having unlimited ( as do I ) is one of the most expensive on offer whereas the entry level of just 5 pages is around £5 a month, bit of a difference eh?. BUT you need to know how many pages your website takes up and can you double up on pages using anchors etc. Once you know how many pages you need then you could adjust the account to suit. Just get an idea over the weekend and post it here so they can see on Monday and be able to give you the answer.
Photo of Debbie8804

Debbie8804

did as you suggested Brian and double or even trebled up some of the pages and am now down to 39 pages. Many, many thanks for the great suggestion. :)
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

your very welcome. :)
Photo of Debbie8804

Debbie8804

Hey Brian, many thanks for the reply. :) Just checked and I currently have 63 pages on the website (it's an educational one for a business). Don't see it getting bigger any time soon and can double up on most of the pages if needs be. I use 102mb of disk space and currently have 5120 mb available! So space can be cut down on most definitely. Really don't want to move the site but will have to as cost is becoming a real issue - am currently paying £223 a year and it's just gone up to 242.
(Edited)
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Excellent and have websites of similar size I do understand how much work that took. Hopefully a better dael can be made.. I have a vested interest in the outcome as I too, facing retirement in a year may well have to reduce my account to a more moderate level
Photo of Jamie2060

Jamie2060

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How can I downgrade to just the starter package? It won't let me, its so frustrating.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Jamie, please read the converstion above, if your account gives you more space than you require then I am sure the guys at Homestead can accomodate your request, just make sure starter package ( 5 pages max I think) with a reduced space allowance will suffice. Guys will be back in here Monday morning
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jamie2060, with your reduced number of pages, we can drop you to the starter package. It will save you about $75/year. Would you like me to change the package at this time? Depending on your needs moving forward, you may require some additional add ons, but for now it does seem like a good move.
Photo of Jamie2060

Jamie2060

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew, yes I would like to go ahead and switch to the starter package and if the domain is an add on I would accept that. Thanks
Photo of Debbie8804

Debbie8804

I would like to know what you're going to do about my request please. I see this post has been marked as answered but it hasn't - you've answered Jamie2060 but not me.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry Debbie8804, All those things are part of the package and can't be removed, however, we can switch you to the Starter package. With you space and page requirements we would need some add ons to accommodate your needs. It looks like you would save about $80/year. Shall I make the change for you?
Photo of Debbie8804

Debbie8804

Hi Drew. Switching to this package and add ons would still make all the site pages available? I'm not going to have to rebuild some of the pages?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No nothing on the site should be changed, unless you had a blog or some sort of ecommerce with us, which I don't see on the account. This includes Paypal button, but from your original post, I am guessing you don't use those either. You will need a few page add ons, since the starter has only 5. We had 10 pages at a time after that to give you 15, 25, 35, 45. So you can either remove 3 more pages, or you have a little room to grow. You will also need additional disk space, but 1gb will be plenty at this point.
Photo of Debbie8804

Debbie8804

Thanks Drew that sounds like just the ticket - I'll have the 45 pages please for room to maneouvre. You can go ahead with the changes for me if you will.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Debbie8804, it's done.
Photo of Michelle8895

Michelle8895

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Drew, I came to this thread because I have a similar issue- features my non-profit organization doesn't need. We currently have six pages, but could go to five if it will save us money. Also not happy with the unannounced price hike. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry Michelle. It does seem like quite a few people did not receive our email from October 3rd.

We will be able to save you by switching. Would you like me to do that for you now. I am only showing 5 pages at this point, so you should be good. Do you use Paypal buttons currently?
Photo of Michelle8895

Michelle8895

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
No problem. I was working with someone on the live chat...so this may be taken care of already. I just added the Paypal buttons, and hope to get action on them!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.