Omitting Facebook Share Pop-up

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Please omit the "Do You Want to Share on Facebook..." pop-up on SiteBuilder Plus. Checking NO every single time I publish a page is more than just a nuisance. It makes the process of updating pages slower. You have to go through that before you can move on to the next web page. I don't know about anybody else, but if I want to share something new on my site on Facebook, I wouldn't do it with that pop-up. Inuit...please just make it a link or something rather than a required pop-up.
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 3,272 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the Idea.  I agree that that pop-up can get quite annoying.  Everyone who would like to see this changed, please click the +1 button.

Mike

Photo of Giselle9637

Giselle9637

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What is and where is the +1 button. I would like to hit it 1000 times. It is very, very annoying. Should only be an option.
Photo of Giselle9637

Giselle9637

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
See the button but it doesin't allow me to hit it. If you are counting on that to get an opion I think you are fooling yourselfs. I have been doing this for years and just now found this conversation page. A better way to determine if people use it is put a count in the thing to see how many no thanks you get. I am pretty sure it will be a lot. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Giselle9637,

I totally agree and will forward your comment.

Drew
Photo of John5273

John5273

• 458 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Two years! Geez, I would think this could have been resolved by now! I like the new option to not publish on social networks, BUT, I would like to have my updated website published on social networks!! Is there an ETA on when this will be available again?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

When you publish just check the box and it should publish to social. The check is persistent, so when checked it will always be checked until you uncheck it.
Photo of craig j

craig j

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
for the 100th time "no, thanks", don't want to tell others.

After 100 times I'm tired of saying "No, thanks", I don't want to "Tell others that you've updated your site".
I don't want to share every time I've corrected spelling or changed font. . How can I turn this off?
("Your website has been published".)
Thanks, Craig
Photo of craig j

craig j

Thanks Mike. But that's my point: "view this page after.." should be an option. If I have to click it every single time it doesn't really allow me to turn it off. I regularly make 10 or 20 changes to my site. That means I have to click that button EVERY TIME: 10 - 20 times per visit. I suggest these things should be real options that we can turn on or off. Turning off 20 times per visit doesn't really serve me. How about if it read: "View pages after publishing". Then I could turn it off and be done with it.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes, having to uncheck the box each time can be equally annoying.  Thanks for the suggestion!
Photo of craig j

craig j

Another option is to have it overwrite the previous tab. So it's just one tab open. So if I make 15 changes I don't end up with 15 tabs open, just one.
Photo of Diane8493

Diane8493

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How to disable post update.

Everytime I publish a website I get a pop-up that asks if I want to post update to facebook, etc. Is there a way to disable that?
Photo of Diane8493

Diane8493

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It would solve the problem if Homestead would simply allow for a check box "not to show this again". That way people who don't want to see it all the time can check that box and people that find it convenient wouldn't check the box. It really is annoying.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I agree. That would be the best option. Thanks for the comment.
Photo of craig j

craig j

Yes, it's that simple.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Agreed
Photo of BRB CE Group

BRB CE Group

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I get rid of that annoying pop-up asking me to post to Facebook?.

After publishing my site I keep getting an annoying pop-up asking me to post to facebook, twitter etc and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

Can anyone help me?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Currently there is not a way to turn it off.  Please click the +1 button above so our developers can track the demand for this feature change.  The more interest there is the more likely it will be to get it changed.

Mike

I asked, "how to turn it off" months ago also! It is a VERY STUPID, programming decision by developers. All you guys are trying to do is promote Homestead sites via social media. The Update to FB / Twitter / etc. every time I make a small change should be considered SPAMMING. If it doesn't get to be a "select button, to UPDATE to FB I will move my sites.
Photo of craig j

craig j

I agree. I find Homestead unresponsive. This reflects poorly on their customer service. I too consider moving.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I agree with you and the others above. That button is quite annoying. We truly are not trying to ignore any of these requests, but due to the sale of Homestead from Intuit to EIG, there are other issues that are much higher priority unfortunately. Transferring all of our systems into EIG's system(s), is a very complex and unfortunately time consuming process. We apologize for the inconvenience this is but are working diligently on many issues.
Mike
Photo of John9568

John9568

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Tell others that you updated your site....

Is there anyway to turn off that annoying "Tell others that you updated your site" that pops up every single time I make a change in my pages? I have no desire to bother people with every little amended detail on my websites.
Photo of John9568

John9568

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Why is this still a thing? Why does Homestead continue to punish their customers in this way? It is absolutely asinine that we are forced to click that damn button over and over and over, every single time we make a change. This has to stop!!!! The stupidity of the designers continuing to make us do this is as frustrating as having to keep hitting that button. Get rid of it! I've used Homestead for years - back when it was free, in fact - this is the thing that's going to force me to find another web design host. There are a lot of places that do what Homestead does, and I'm sure they don't ignore the frustration they are willingly causing their paying customers.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello John,

Are you are referring to this popup after the page has published?

The purpose of this popup is to inform you when your page or website has been published. Depending on the site, publishing can take up to a couple of minutes. This is to inform you it has been finished. This popup only comes up after you publish your page not after a change. You can make tons of changes and save your progress will working on your site without seeing this. It is only when making your changes live and publish do you see this message.
Photo of Gus8012

Gus8012

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Take this "Tell others" Pop-Up off if the subscriber makes the request !
This "sale of Homestead from Intuit to EIG" is a ridiculous excuse.
Like others, I'm now searching for a better & more responsive "host"...
Photo of William S

William S

Hello Gus,

The main purpose of this popup is to let you know the website is finished publishing. The tell others section, is just a recommendation to share your updates on the various social media platforms. This can be a vital piece to a business as social media can attract new customers and traffic. If the social media section does not apply to you, than you can simply close the popup by clicking "No, Thanks".
Photo of BRB CE Group

BRB CE Group

Since I already have the published page open after publishing - I should have the option to 'don't show this pop up again' for the share pop up.

I don't need TWO things telling me that my page is published.

Given that this conversation is still alive - I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to either get rid of the "share" part of the pop up, or give us the option to not show either the pop up or the 'share' part again.
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

How about just a simple "Publishing Successful" comment that pops in and pops out?  I think we'd all much prefer that!  We all want that annoying popup removed. When did it stop being about the customer? Oh yeah...when Endurance bought Homestead.
Photo of William S

William S

I will forward the suggestion of a 'Do not show this again' check box to our developers as a recommended improvement for a future release. I do apologize if the popup is considered annoying.
(Edited)
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

That would be a perfect solution and it would be greatly appreciated!
THAT,.... has been promised for 2 yrs. already and has never changed. Somebody has their head up the elevator shaft, with that FB publish nonsense. NONE of us probably get all our changes accomplished on the first edit! And frustrating  part is the FB Widget will hide BEHIND your edits, thus not allowing you to continue editing. IT's just total nonsense. It should be a selective publish button at the end, BEFORE you close out of the program.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
When you publish now there is a check box that has "Enable social share"
If you leave this unchecked then the social share dialog will not
appear.

The same holds true for the preview check box.
Photo of BRB CE Group

BRB CE Group

Thank you!
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

I never thought I'd see the day.  Tell the developers "THANK YOU!"
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

I'm seeing a new feature showing the page is being published...great!  I really wanted the Facebook popup gone, but it's helpful to have something that shows the page published successfully...good inclusion in the new design.  Thanks to the developers for putting their efforts into these changes!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.