old web pages

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

how can i use the new website builder to update my old web pages
Photo of Marlon1050

Marlon1050

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 28,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Are you referring to editing the Sitebuilder desktop content on Sitebuilder plus online? Or sitebuilder plus to WebsiteBuilder? 
Photo of Marlon1050

Marlon1050

websitebuilder. a friend of mine recently opened up an account with you and when i was watching him build the site i realized he had way more options then i did when i created my site.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Add a new site to your account, this will automatically place it in WebsiteBuilder. From here you will need to rebuild your content, you can copy and paste any text but will need to re-upload photos to the new builder.  
Photo of Marlon1050

Marlon1050

thank you, 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem. 
Photo of Joan7485

Joan7485

I was told that a Surebuilder Plus website can be migrated to become a Websitebuilder site for $150. Per every 5 pages. Whereas you cannot add an SSL security to SiteBuilder if it gets migrated to Website builder it will become secure (https). Homestead does this for you and you don’t have to reload photos or redo ht lm coding or SEO or keywords. At least that’s what I was told.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Joan, 

This is correct, Homestead is currently running a replication offer of your Sitebuilder plus website into the new software WebsiteBuilder, for a one time fee of $150 per every 5 pages. This will add a free security layer or SSL to the site, however, sitebuilder plus sites can be secured also it just is not automatic. You can set up a SSL with the instructions in this article. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https
Photo of Joan7485

Joan7485

Michelle,

How can I tell if I have Sitebuilder or Sitebuilder Plus?  I see that these directions only work with Sitebuilder, not Sitebuilder Plus.

thanks!
Joan
Photo of Joan7485

Joan7485

Michelle,

The only I option I heard of to add SSL to my Sitebuilder website is to use CloudFlare. I tried to follow the directions but it seemed too complicated to me and I can't afford to have my website offline because I did something wrong.  Is my using Cloudflare to do it myself the only option to make my Sitebuilder site have SSL?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Correct, the only way to secure a Sitebuilder Plus site is through Cloudflare. If you are having troubles with the instructions, you can call support and one of our agents can help walk you through the process:

1-800-710-1998
Photo of Joan7485

Joan7485

Is there a reason why support can’t add the SSL using Cloudflare for me instead of me doing it?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is because it requires you to create an account with a third party company, including setting up a username and password, to get this done. We are allowed to help within Homestead's system, but really aren't supposed to touch third party systems. We can absolutely walk you through the process, though.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.