October 27, 2014 - Homestead Price Increase Announcement

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

We would like to clarify the price increase announcement email that was sent out today. The price change is simply a $1 increase which applies to our Starter (Personal), Gold (Business)  and Platinum (Business Plus) plans.  
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of jamieburley5150

jamieburley5150

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Price Increase for Hosting Services.

I just got notified by an email that our hosting costs are increasing to $20.99 monthly -
Why is the hosting fee rising and what will my total bill per month run?
Is this legal when you're under contract?
Photo of Paul7859

Paul7859

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I got an email you are raising rate to 5.99. I check my acct you are charging me ....

Why did you boost my rate w/o telling me? You say 5.99 now. It says 7.99 on my acct!!!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Paul7859, Your base plan is currently $4.99, and is going up by $1. You have $3 of add-ons (which are not changing), which changes your total from $7.99 to $8.99. 

i would like to know my total cost I pay 34.99 a month

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Then it will be $35.99.
Photo of Paul7859

Paul7859

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What are add ons/?????
Photo of jamieburley5150

jamieburley5150

Domain names, etc...
Photo of jamieburley5150

jamieburley5150

Basically it's $1 more per month. I'm okay with that, but hope it doesn't become a habitual practice to raise the rates
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Paul7859,

Your hosting package doesn't include your domain or privacy.  The domain is $2 and privacy is $1.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

jamieburley5150, yes $1.  This is the first across the board increase in several years, so I wouldn't expect it to be habitual.

Drew
Photo of Ric9171

Ric9171

• 60 Points
I have been paying 8.99 since day one. I just got an email saying that it will be increased to 8.99. What's up? Is my rate going up or not? Also I have been getting calls from Google saying that it may expire. I just hang up on them because my domain is still online. 
Photo of Jonathan D.8280

Jonathan D.8280

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Who can I speak to directly about my specific account? is there anyone in this forum?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you have specific questions about your account you can call support, or you can create a new question here and mark it as private so that only you and Homestead employees can see it.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of bcpbulldogs3717

bcpbulldogs3717

• 60 Points
Please cancel my account
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

bcpbulldogs3717,  I see you've already closed the account. Let us know if you need anything else. 
Photo of Daniel9171

Daniel9171

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
payments processed on or after November 1st, 2014 reflect a price increase, which raises your hosting fee to $20.99 monthly???????

I am sick and tired of everyone raising their prices!! OMG!!!

Tell me why the heck you do not just raze the price for new comers by $2.00 and allow those of us that helped you get were you are now to not have to pay your cost of living razes? 

I love your service and have used it from 2009 to date but i have to say to you

Loyalty to your service depends on your service and its price is a very BIG part of that service so sucking your current customers for a raze is one good way to loose your hole client base fast. buck hear buck there when will it all end?
Photo of Joyce8261

Joyce8261

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Okay.  Lets see. ........... I have a beautiful website that my colleagues envy,  with videos and pages that are so easy to create and update in little to no time.  I have not had to hire anyone to do my website, because its ease allows me to spend my time creating and not figuring out how to work it.  And they want to increase the monthly fee by one dollar?  ....... NO BRAINER.  I am in!  THANK YOU HOMESTEAD WEBSITE TEAM for giving me such a fabulous product.  I just love everything about it, and its the best deal for the money.  Period.
Photo of Jonathan D.8280

Jonathan D.8280

He Joyce8261 Im not as tech savy with developing my site. could you give some instruction for the Homestead site builder...?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joyce8261, We are so happy to hear about your good experience!

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jonathan D.8280,

There are many questions about Sitebuilder already answered in this community.  If there is something you want to learn how to do, try searching.  If you don't find it, create your own topic asking a specific question and maybe Joyce8261 or some other customer will be able to help.  If not, then employees monitor this community 7 days a week and will be very happy to help.  We like to keep topics specific so that others may benefit if appropriate, so please ask 1 question per topic.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Judy2341

Judy2341

Can I find out what I am getting for $19.99, compared to the people who are paying $8.99?

Judy

Photo of Matt4620

Matt4620

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Maybe sometime this century Homestead will listen to their customers and allow them to update their site and blog on an iPhone or iPad? This IS 2014, not 1994. If pricing is going up at least give us something to make us ok with the changes.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

• 626 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
and to be able to use the external site builder on a Mac !  I hate having to use the silly online builder that doesnt allow me to have multiple pages open at once to cut and past between them etc.

Also - I got no email re a price increase despite having the same email address with my homestead account since 1998 !
Photo of paul5229

paul5229

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The price increase announcement sent Monday comes off the heels of no email access ALL weekend, which is infuriating! Emails are coming through up to 2 days after the sender sent them to me. This is not the first time and seems to happen regularly. Your service lately is inconsistent and is starting to become unreliable as a small business user. If the stability and downtime of your service was rare then the price increase would be warranted, but as a customer there is no reassurance. I spoke about the constant email issues, the homestead site has been flag as Malware!?!
Photo of josuevizcay5478

josuevizcay5478

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Paying more for losing money being blocked by Google with Malware warning 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

off topic

Please reference the new conversation here: malware warning
Photo of Matt4620

Matt4620

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Price increase and nothing to show for it....

Nothing new or great is being added to make me want to pay more for this service when there's plenty of competition out there. Homestead is so far behind the times it isn't even funny. You can't update anything on an iPhone or iPad. And what's really frustrating is that you can't even update a blog without going on a desktop to do so. Get with the times Homestead. People these days are using iPads and iPhones to do things.
Photo of James7849

James7849

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled price increase again?.

I started at 7.99 / month. Then it went to 19.99 and now 20.99 / month. I will obviously pay the fee for the next few months, but will most assuredly be dropping and switching to a more reasonable price platform. I also saw that others are paying less than me. Sorry to say goodbye
Photo of Matt4620

Matt4620

It's easier to keep existing customers than it is to find new. Why punish those who have been faithful to your business? Existing customers never get a "thank you for your business". Instead, it's all about driving new business and forgetting about your existing customer base. Homestead hasn't listened to customers for years in terms of what they would like to see changed with their service/site. It simply makes the competition look THAT much more appealing.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Matt4620, we are sorry you feel this way but do understand, you feelings. It has been many years since homestead has had any price increase. This decision was carefully thought through by our management team before being implemented.  We have been undergoing many changes the last couple of years in an effort to better position us with the ability to offer more products and services in the future. 
Photo of Matt4620

Matt4620

I can understand a price increase if the customers are getting a better product/service, which they aren't. You're simply raising the price with nothing to show for it. There are no added benefits associated with the increase, yet Homestead continues to drop their pants in order to gain new users. So really you're just collecting the extra money from established users who have been loyal to your site so you can give incentives to those who want to sign up for your services. A simple loyalty program would be nice. If you're a user for X amount of years you get a free month, etc. Something to give back as a THANK YOU for spending your money with Homestead.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.