NOT RECEIVING EMAILS 7-8-2014

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Not receiving any emails today!  I sent myself 2 test messages, one from GMail, one from Yahoo!, and both are not received.  Clients are telling me they sent me things, and I cant receive them!  No bounce back messages are received.  I used both iPhone and Open-Xchange Server provided on the site.  Please I need these emails today!
Photo of Brandon3088

Brandon3088

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of marcos5804

marcos5804

• 70 Points
I'm having the same problem. I called them and they said that I had to update my info and then with in 10 minutes everything would be back to normal however nothing has happened yet and it's been over an hour. My website is also down
Photo of Jonathan1328

Jonathan1328

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I haven't received emails in two days.  Also, sent messages don't copy into the sent file.  I hate this...I'm losing business.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Jonathan1328,   I see you have several sits and many different email addresses.  Which one are you having the problem with?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Jonathan1328, You can ignore this post. I just saw your other thread stating that your quota was full. Thanks

(Edited)
Photo of Brenda3823

Brenda3823

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too didn't receive several emails 7/8/2014, what phone number do you call for assistance?

Photo of ianc93

ianc93

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
None apparently.  They don't seem to care.  They list their hours for support, but no phone number.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Brenda3823,   the first thing to check is to make sure your quota is not full. When you log into your email using the Webmail link, just look in the lower left hand corner and it will display your quota. If it's full, you'll just need to delete old emails. Don't forget to delete old items from the Sent folder too. 

If you still have problems let us know.

Mike
Photo of Brenda3823

Brenda3823

My quota is not full, I did receive a few emails today that were dated 7/8/14, I hope I didn't miss any emails, this is my business account. I do need to know who to contact to make sure payment is received and renewed as required. I have a second email address that stopped downloading emails in Feb. 2014 and it was never resolved, help with that would be appreciated! Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Brenda3823,  What is the address that stopped working in Feb?
Photo of Brenda3823

Brenda3823

It is brenda@errands-etc.com. Last email received was 1/21/2014, I called and was told no one could help me so I appreciate your assistance!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Brenda3823,  

The problem with that particular email address is with the Domains MX records. Because the domain was pointed to Rackspace, we don't have access to the DNS records.  If you contact Rackspace and have them update the MX records and A records, that email account will start working again.  You'll find the necessary records on this page:
My email was converted to the new platform. What should my DNS records be set to?

Let us know if you have any problems.

Mike

Photo of Karen3157

Karen3157

• 62 Points
I'm not receiving any emails either and my website is down. What the heck? Why isn't there better support for these problems? My info is updated but there is no place for me to verify my domain name!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Emails for both domains were sent to k.bumgarner@me.com. Please check your spam folder.  Once received there is a link to verify.

Drew
Photo of ianc93

ianc93

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also not receiving any emails and this is BAD for my business!  I am NOT impressed with Homestead and their hosting services and their customer service is next to NIL.

Photo of marcos5804

marcos5804

• 70 Points
just called homestead myself (800-710-1998) apparently is a new law by the government that we need to update all the domains you own. In my case my wasn't and for that reason I never received that information from homestead. Call the number (800-710-1998) and they will help you. According to the person on the phone my website and email should be up and running with in 2 hours.
Good luck to all.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

marcos5804,   This is correct.  It usually does not take the full two hours.  However if you are still having a problem let us know.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

ianc93,   What email address are you having the problem with?  We'll be happy to look into this.   Also, did you check the quota on  your email box to make sure it was not full?

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Sheri6170

Sheri6170

• 62 Points
I am also not receiving emails. What is the status please?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Sheri6170,   I see you contacted another rep this morning. Notes on your account indicate that your email is now working. If you are still having problems please reply back and let us know the address and what is happening on your end.

Mike
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

• 2,886 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Emails are taking an hour or longer to send and receive.  HOMESTEAD.....What is the problem here?  PLEASE ADVISE!!
Photo of George3344

George3344

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
IN the same boat here.  I thought that the new email server was supposed to be the end to our troubles and lo and behold we are back to square one!

Not happy
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

George3344,  I see you have several domain names.  What is the email address having the problem?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Brandon3088,

If you are still having a problem, can you tell us which domain/email address you are having the problem with?
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

Yes, http://www.crissyslist.com email is sales@crissyslist.com  Taking a long time to send and receive emails. 
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

Seems to be working properly now.  I'm hoping it stays this way for good.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the follow up Cristine7832.
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

Yes, http://www.crissyslist.com email is sales@crissyslist.com  Taking a long time to send and receive emails. 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
We have been notified that there was some maintenance occurring which has caused some of the emails to be delayed.  Adjustments have been made, but some emails may still be queued at the sending server so may continue to trickle in over several hours.

If you are experiencing a problem with your email and website both being down, this would be a non-related issue and the first thing to check is to see if your domain information needs to be validated.
“Please validate your domain name(s) as soon as possible”

I will post further details and updates as I receive them.

Thanks
Mike

Photo of adam5112

adam5112

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Form submissions don't seem to be coming through to the emails specified. Any ideas?.

Everything was working fine until I tried to add in an additional email for forms to be submitted to. When I test it goes through and says "thank you..." but when I check my email and spam folder nothing. Also had others try and nothing. Help!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the interruption in the email and your web form.  The problem was not specific to the web form itself, rather it was due to maintenance on the email server. See official response above.
Photo of NotableImpressions

NotableImpressions

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I just established an account last night and have been routing folks to my website - got a text from a personal friend earlier wanting to know why I had not responded to his email.  I never GOT his email...  I've tried to log in to the newly created email account and I just keep getting an error message :  Error 702. Oops! There was an issue updating your mailbox. Please try again later or contact customer support.

Not sure how to correct this and need help asap.  I'm not paying this monthly fee to already encounter problems with the services in less than 24 hours.  I've put over ten hours worth of work in customizing the site which includes a number of 'Contact Us' links that apparently don't work.  

Thanks - 
Kelly 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning, I sent you an email.  Please let us know if you are still having an issue.  Make sure to read the topic I sent and validate your domain name.

Thanks

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.