Not receiving ANY emails!!

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am not receiving any emails. I've logged in using Chrome, Firefox, etc. My emails are not coming through and I have clients who are extremely upset! When are all these issues going to be fixed. I have had this problem off and on for months and I am about ready to move my website and email elsewhere....
Photo of Sheri0967

Sheri0967

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gerard5809

Gerard5809

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How will we know which emails were rejected by the system?
Photo of matt3428

matt3428

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
31 minutes ago Gerard5809 asked a question. Can someone please answer that question??????
Photo of Debra3034

Debra3034

• 74 Points
Way to keep us updated! UGH!!
Photo of MARIO2932

MARIO2932

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I've not been receiving emails for 6 hours, so far
It's second time in two weeks

Can you please let me know what is going on?
Photo of rebarmatt9556

rebarmatt9556

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Email worked for about 20 seconds this morning. Seriously, this is what Homestead does for a living. Reliability is critical. It's pretty scary that we don't even know what we've missed. I'd send an email to all my customers apologizing for our inability to communicate in the modern world, but, well, you know...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is an issue with certain IP addresses being blacklisted and the issue is still being worked on.  We understand that your email may be very important to your business. We do not yet have an ETA for this so if your business is dependent on email, you may want to consider the option shown here: https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can_i_change_email_to_domain_com

Photo of Elizabeth9180

Elizabeth9180

• 70 Points
I'm sorry, I'm confused... are you saying that because homestead.com cannot offer email services (re: what I'm paying you for) that I should sign up for an additional service (re: pay more for what I should already be receiving?)...

Can you describe in a little more detail what exactly this link is proposing and if this is an additional cost to my current bill?

Can we all get a pro-rated refund since we're not receiving the product we're paying for (reliable email services)?
Photo of Marybeth2891

Marybeth2891

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can you respond to the issue of WHY this happens repeatedly with Homestead? I use another service for an entertainment business, and there are NEVER email issues. If it were not limited to musicians, I would move to them for the other company in a heartbeat. As it is, we will be investigating other (more reliable) services as this is getting ridiculous.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Marybeth2891, There can be a number of reasons an email could be blacklisted. I know our admins are working on getting everything back up and running and they have not yet informed us on what triggered it this time. We will post updates to our Announcement page when information becomes available.
Photo of George5792

George5792

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hey Mike - thanks for the status report. This helps. Please keep it up. We need hand holding. :-)
Photo of michael8040

michael8040

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I having problems as well. Was it happening last week as well? I need 100% certainty that my emails are making it through. I count on this for my business. Just like you count on our payments to keep your door open. I fear the reliability of this email may cause me to move elsewhere with my business.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Michael8040, We understand how critical this is for some of you. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA. We understand you need to do whatever is right for your business. You might want to consider the option here if you need it up and running right away. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Leslee5222

Leslee5222

• 792 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
seriously? we can move our email somewhere else and pay more money for something we are supposed to receive from Homestead? That almost sounds like you *want* our business to go away, instead of actually trying to fix the problem. It's really hard to run a business without reliable email, and I expect to get what I've paid for through Homestead. 100% of the time.
Photo of matt3428

matt3428

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike F., I have seen numerous post asking if we are going to receive our emails that did not come through today. It is bad enough that the email is down, but it would be a little more comforting if you can just answer this question plain and simple. Stop telling us to consider another company, but give us answers.
Photo of dr9133

dr9133

• 70 Points
It's been five days. What's the real status? We're getting frustrated with the lack of information coming from Intuit/Homestead.
Photo of German2745

German2745

• 60 Points
Just like Mario0282 and George5792, we are getting the same message. And the same link provided to them for Homestead Support, also leads to a link that is dead: http://support.homestead.com/mail-blo/.
That says it all!
Our organization has a Gmail back up to send emails, but it isn't professional when your organization's title isn't part of the reply to email address. I understand technical problems can arise in any company, and Homestead is no different, but the response efforts from employees above don't seem all that engaging other than "let me take a look at your account" as if it were a single user's problem, and "why don't you pay more money for a service we should already be providing with your monthly service fee because we don't know what else to do right now"
I would feel better if they posted on their homepage that anyone wanting to open a homestead website account should know the company is having a technical issue that has not been resolved for several hours. This would show they are being honest about their service and that considerable attention has been paid to where it has been placed on their homepage!
Photo of Janet8766

Janet8766

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good post! Good points well stated.
Photo of Tamika6143

Tamika6143

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree with your post! Just plain ridiculous the solution of "pay more money for a services we should already be providing with your monthly service fee because we don't know what else to do right now"... couldn't agree more.
Photo of Elizabeth9180

Elizabeth9180

• 70 Points
Agreed. It's like if I were to own an ice-cream stand and all I gave you was the cone, no ice cream. When you raise a question I'll still charge you full price and then send you to the convenience store down the street and tell you to buy their ice-cream.
Photo of Tamika6143

Tamika6143

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My emails are getting returned back to me! This is the message I am getting...
"SpamCop Blocking List

Was your email blocked?

SpamCop's blocking list works on a mail-server level. If your mail was blocked incorrectly it may be due to the actions of other users or technical flaws with the mail system you use. If you are not the administrator of your email system, please forward this information to them.
Information about the reasons for listing (blocking) your mail server (209.157.71.82)"

The rest can be found at this link: http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?209.1....

Just like everyone else, I need this fixed as soon as possible... and I don't like the solution I saw on another board to switch and PAY for the recommended email services. I pay you all for my website and email and expect that these types of problems should be at a minimum and not as frequent as it has been! It looks like this is over a day of complaints with no resolution on contact posted!!!
Photo of computare

computare

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can I suggest that you return to your original spam filter? Spamhaus is not up to the job as is blocking legitimate emails from all providers that use dynamic IP addresses. Spamhaus is blacklisting many of our clients and these people are getting frustrated. In turn so am I.

You absolutely have to sort this on an urgent basis otherwise you risk losing a lot of business.
Photo of Marybeth2891

Marybeth2891

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It's really unbelievable that there has been no resolution or even an update as far as the email issue. I just tried sending something to one of the domain-based addresses, and it was returned with an error message. Oh, but the error message does contain a some useful info...

"Please refer to http://support.homestead.com/mail-blo... for more information."

When you click on the hyperlink:

support.homestead.com
This website is hosted and managed by Homestead.
You can build your own website at homestead.com.

Really? That's the solution suggested to those who cannot get their mail to go through?

The care that this company has for it's current customers should take precedence over trying to recruit NEW customers.

Can we please get an update? Thank you.
Photo of Dustin7599

Dustin7599

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ouch, just realized this was happening after a day of not getting any responses. There aren't any backup email servers listed on the MX page so I think its time for me to hop on over to google for a more reliable business email! Bye!
Photo of George5792

George5792

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have begun to receive emails from previously blocked accounts. I haven't gotten an error message yet today. Perhaps it's a good sign.
Photo of MaryEllen9150

MaryEllen9150

• 2,206 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thats it folks. I am making a switch to another email provider. I would recommend you all do the same. (and it will NOT be who homestead is partnering with).

I'll let you know how i make out. But our loss of business has been tremendous over the last 6 months. Homestead cannot be trusted to handle the email service they charge us for. They are not providing the service! I'm wondering if there is a class action lawsuit due to our financial loss of business and the fact Homestead keeps charging us for a service that they cannot provide.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same action, and expecting a different result.
Photo of MaryEllen9150

MaryEllen9150

• 2,206 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
And they are west coast time, so they're probably not even in the office yet.

We'll get a canned response in an hour or so that they are looking into the problem, but they don't have an eta of when it will be fixed. And in the coming months they'll be making great changes.

I'm sad I loved homestead, I've had them for years but apparantly they never put the money they were charging us into uprgrading their systems or hiring a staff that understand the complexities and securities required in running an email exchange.
Photo of computare

computare

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have just set up alternative business emails with ntlbusiness who can receive all of these 'so-called' blacklisted clients without a problem.

It is amazing to think that, with all the feedback we have given, no communication has come from Homestead for a long time. Is it a public holiday in Homestead land?

The simple fact is that Spamhaus has blocked perfectly good email addresses because they are linked to a dynamic IP address yet, on the other hand, has allowed all sorts of rubbish through that is clearly spam.

What else can be said?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Hello everyone. As most of you are aware the email issue has still not been resolved. I know this is very upsetting and a huge inconvenience for many of you. You all have every right to voice your opinions and vent regarding this situation. I would like to offer these for threads in case you need an update, need help with changing email to domain.com or just need to vent.

This thread will be closed for comments. Please use one of the open threads below.

Announcement https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Domain.com setup: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Change MX records: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Voice Complaint: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We do finally have an estimated ETA. Please visit the announcement page here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.