Not enough money in account to cover upcoming bill

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My bill is due tomorrow (12/20) and I deposited money into my checking account tonight to cover it but until the bank opens in the morning and actually processes the deposit, my available balance is not enough to cover it.

Last month the money did not get withdrawn because my account had insufficient funds and I had planned to pay the outstanding balance with my next cheque. Just before I got paid again, what was left of my money was just gone and I couldn't figure it out. I called my bank and found out Intuit took the money at a later time.

I could try just waiting to see and hope they cannot do an automatic debit because I'll end up overdrawn and have to pay a high fee. What can I do? If I had gotten to the bank earlier enough today AND they had an ATM mchine outside that actually swallowed your bills and processed them I wouldn't have this problem.
Photo of Justine0988

Justine0988

• 70 Points

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Justine0988,

Welcome to the Community!

Typically if an account doesn't bill, our system puts you into a 30 day pending status and will attempt to re-bill you every several days. This may be why you saw Intuit pull money from your account at a later day previously. I pushed your bill date out one day to give time for your check to process.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Chris
Photo of Andrew7090

Andrew7090

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am furious.

So explain to me why when I keep receiving messages to *UPDATE* my billing info (which was 100% up to date) ....its not actually billing me and there has been money on my credit card.

Im a LONG TIME customer and all my sites have been shut down.

This is good customer service? BULLSHIT.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Andrew,

I apologize for your frustrations. I've re-activated your account so you can get in. Please double check the billing to make sure all information is accurate and possibly call your bank to make sure they haven't blocked homestead from billing. It appears the last successful payment processed back in October so something between then and November changed.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Jeremy9516

Jeremy9516

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
A customers card declined so I did not recieve payment from them and now cannot cover hosting until I get paid from my day job. My bill for intuit is due tomorrow and I do not have enough funds in my account to cover it. Is there any way to get an extention until my payday? I have put so much work into my site and its ranking and I really dont want to lose it. I am trying to get loans and donations right now.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for posting!

I moved your billing out a week to 2/20/2013. However please don't worry as if your account doesn't bill through, your website and account won't close for 30 more days. Your account would go into a past due state and our system would try to bill your I believe once every week to try to get you back into active status. You would have 30 days to either update you billing or add funds to your card.

Hope that helps!

Chris

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.