Not receiving inquiries from Email Me button

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

My sites 'Email Me' button  is not forwarding inquiries to designated email address.
Photo of Vince3609

Vince3609

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The mail admins have identified an issue and are working to resolve it.

Drew
Photo of Vince3609

Vince3609

What is the estimated time frame for repair to be completed?  Today is day 2 of being down from when I became aware that I was not receiving inquires from my site's "Contact US" button. Likely, it was much longer .... not good!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry, I do not have that information at this time. You can create a custom form and have it submit to both email and text. The text file would be found in your account, under the edit site button, click on More and then Manage forms. It won't be there until you have a customer form submitted.

Drew
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

• 3,412 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Drew.... I didn't know where the forms were stored. worked perfectly

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Excellent
Photo of Vince3609

Vince3609

Your response of  " I do not have that information", is unacceptable ... why would you not have that information? Do you not communicate with your own Mail Admins? A very odd and disconcerting response imo.  Why do you not simply find out the estimated time frame of what would seem to be a simple fix.  "Mickey Mousing" around with "band aids"; e.g. "creating a custom form" to  indefinitely (according to your I do not have that information comment)  back-up to that  which is a basic and a perfunctory   functionality of my site; i.e. "Email Me",  is ridiculous at best. It should not up to  we , Homestead's customers  to "fix" Homestead's issue .... Please, find out how long Mail Admin anticipates the fix will take ....  a reasonable request ... thank you. 
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is with the engineers and the developers, who are investigating. They have not provided an ETA at this time. Unfortunately, that is the information I have at this time. Once they provide one, it will be posted. There is nothing simple about all the changes that are being made with the new data center. Technical support is only able to provide workarounds, until the engineers finish their work. I am sorry.

Drew
Photo of Ema3402

Ema3402

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem with my site
Photo of Vince3609

Vince3609

Ok Drew, after several days without you guys fixing the issue at hand, I had no choice but to take the  the time and do the "work around" regarding creating a form etc as you suggested above ... and guess what? .. same issue as with "Email me" button !  Out Of 6 test sends, a day later I received only 1 of the test inquiry's in the target email box !!! Now what "solution" do you have!  This is ridiculous, you guys need to get this thing fixed like yesterday. It should not be up to us, the customer, to fix; i.e. work around", issues that are on your end ..... additionally, my site has intermittently gone down  completely over the past several days.  If Homestead doesn't get it together post haste , I and my site are outta here , I cannot and will not do business like this.  Oh, and one more thing, on the form you suggest as a work around, in my setting it up I have the "required" box checked where if the person does not enter name and email address, they are not supposed to be able to submit until they do enter the required information, guess what Drew, it doesn't work either! ... in fact, in the form the person does not need to enter anything at all, they can then hit the submit button and the form is sent!!!  Nice ....
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Vince3609,

I know it needs to be fixed and they are working on it, but you can get the information. Change the submit button to both email and text, then you can view the form from within Homestead.

To view, go here.

Photo of Vince3609

Vince3609

Another hoop I am supposed to "jump" through in order to retrieve  information. I  have no choice at this point in time but to limp along with Homestead. What about the "required information"  element that is not functioning within the form???  What's the "work around" for that??? And what's the deal with my site intermittently going down???
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry. I am trying to help the best I can. I know these are not great solutions and that we want thiings to run as they are supposed to, but for that we need to allow the engineers to finish. I hadn't seen the issue with required yet. I will take a look at that.

How long was your site down? and when? Customer sites are seeing slowness loading, but should not have been down.

Drew
Photo of Vince3609

Vince3609

Drew,  I get that you are doing the best you can, of which I do appreciate ,you've handled me well thus far ...  this is nothing personal, it is business  ... with that said, you have chosen to be Homestead's "point man" so   frustrations etc are going to come your way.  "Should not have been down" is a given for sure .... but the reality is what it is.  No sense me  going on and on, ad nauseam,   regarding my site being down etc as it doesn't change  the past. I have been a loyal customer to Homestead for years, this is the first time I have lost confidence in them. Again, I will "limp" through this changeover with Homestead through the  holidays ... however,  at the first of the new year there should be absolutely no excuse for  all websites NOT being fully functional in every capacity by that time.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand.

Drew
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Vince, when the same thing happened on my sites I went in and deleted the forms and submit button for my email address in red. I have been getting emails ever since. Phone calls also. If people want to contact you they will persist as long as you have given them more than one way to do it. People are pretty sophisticated these days. (;>
Photo of Ema3402

Ema3402

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I don't have any forms on my site, just the "email me" button and I had a customer track me down to tell me it does not work.  When I click on it, a blank box comes up and that's it.  I put a note for people to copy and paste my email address, so at least they can contact me now.
(Edited)
Photo of Forest4174

Forest4174

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is there any update? 

While I understand that there can be a fix, that does not change the fact that a few potential clients of mine have contacted me for the purpose of receiving important information.  In my marketing materials, I promise a response within one hour (easy to do with email), but almost impossible with the "text" fix.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Most are back online, though there was another issue with it earlier this morning. Do you know when it didn't work recently?

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.