No email access due to "incorrect password"

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I stopped receiving emails today on my mobile devices indicating that my password was incorrect. I used my laptop to change my password and I am still unable to log in. When I do the live chat they say they are trying to fix it with no ETA for completion. I am giving a presentation tonight and am unable to access my critical information in my email so I am stuck out and will look like a fool thanks to this unforeseen technical issue. I am so disapointed. I tolerated the problem with spamcop last week, changing all of my passwords and moving on but this is too much even for someone with the patience of Job.
Photo of Jennifer3209

Jennifer3209

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • about to pop!

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My password is now "incorrect" as well. (Thankful I have other email programs as backup.) I'll never trust Hmail as my main email program!
Photo of Mariana4838

Mariana4838

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the exact same problem. All my email accounts disappeared and I have no access to some critical information we need to review before a very important appointment tomorrow morning. This is very frustrating!

What is Homestead doing about it?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mariana4838,

Sorry for the delay -

Can you please provide me with the email accounts that are missing?

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of George3344

George3344

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just tried to use my old password (which i changed about a month ago) and now my emails are coming through.

god only knows what these clowns at intuit are up to
Photo of Fabian6092

Fabian6092

• 60 Points
Not happy about this at all. I was able to speak with someone overseas today who was completely clueless. He told me he was going to put me through to a second tier support member. This guy was from the U.S. useless. Still can't send or receive emails and keep getting the password pop up. Then advised incorrect password.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Official Response
Hi All,

If your unable to log into your email account due to incorrect password, please update your password from within your website account.

Click Email > Manage Email > Pencil icon next to the email account
(enter a new password, twice > save)

If some or all of your email accounts are missing, please reply with the email account(s) that are missing and I'll have them restored.

I do not have a eta for the fix, our engineers are working to resolve the email issues as quickly as possible.

I apologize for the disruption with our email service as of recently and really appreciate your patience while we work on resolving this.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Jennifer3209

Jennifer3209

Ehsan, that was my first course of action that I took yesteday when this debacle started. It did not help. It allows me to update the password in the Email Management page and confirms that it is changed. When I try to log in to my email it says the same thing.

For those of us who pay for upgraded Homestead services, will we be given an account credit for the inconvenience and to acknowledge the loss of business and reputation that we are suffering as the result of this outage?
Photo of Skylands and Beyond

Skylands and Beyond

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
EHSAN, WHERE IS THE UPDATE??? THE EMAIL ISSUES ARE NOT RESOLVED!!!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Skylands and Beyond,

What email issues are you having?

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Jennifer3209,

If you're using internet explorer, please try using another browser because hmail is not compatible with IE10.

Are you receiving any error messages when you try to login? If so, please reply with the error message or a screen shot.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of gmcpeak1887

gmcpeak1887

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Bad. Customer called to find out why we had not answered his email. Made us look very unprofessional. Fix the problem!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
"cannot connect to server".
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi gmcpeak1887,

I apologize for the delay -

Email services have been restored and are fully functioning.

What is the error you're receiving and are you using an email client or using Webmail?

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Iceland6862

Iceland6862

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello, Since the crash my website still exists but all my email accounts have disappeared and the system says that there are no email accounts available and I have to purchase. This cannot be right. Will you be able to return my accounts and the emails?

Email Accounts Have Disappeared.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Iceland6862,

Please reply with the email account(s) that are missing.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Iceland6862

Iceland6862

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello, Since the crash my website still exists but all my email accounts have disappeared and the system says that there are no email accounts available and I have to purchase. This cannot be right. Will you be able to return my accounts and the emails?

Emails Accounts Have Disappeared.
Photo of fgatto245438

fgatto245438

• 72 Points
When trying to log into email, get "password incorrect" message. Also, my email accounts seem to have been deleted. Any ideas?

Email Gone.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi fgatto245438,

Please use the instructions above to reset your email account(s) password(s).

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Mike9939

Mike9939

So now that i had to create email addresses that i made already how do i get back the emails that were eliminated?? Our guys had very important emails that they needed to respond to and now they are gone. What would be the remedy for this?

Emails LOST.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Mike9939,

please respond with the email account(s) that were missing that you've recreated.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Maria

Maria

• 62 Points
After yesterday/today's outage my email account is gone. I go to Manage Email and it says I have no Email Accounts. I was only using 1 of the 5 addresses I am allotted. It wont let me create a new account either. Can this be restored along with any emails I missed??????

My Email box disappeared.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Maria,

Please reply with the email account(s) missing.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of gmcpeak1887

gmcpeak1887

I am getting a message that the name or password is incorrect. This happened this afternoon to an account I have been using without problems. Is this is a homestead problem? How can I resolve it?

Email problem.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi gmcpeak1887,

Please use the instructions above to reset your password(s).

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Jennifer3209

Jennifer3209

Ehsan, that was my first course of action that I took yesteday when this debacle started. It did not help. It allows me to update the password in the Email Management page and confirms that it is changed. When I try to log in to my email it says the same thing.

For those of us who pay for upgraded Homestead services, will we be given an account credit for the inconvenience and to acknowledge the loss of business and reputation that we are suffering as the result of this outage?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Jennifer,

I apologize for the delay -

If you're using internet explorer, please try using another browser because hmail is not compatible with IE10.

Are you receiving any error messages when you try to login? If so, please reply with the error message or a screen shot.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Cory Q.

Cory Q.

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hellllp, I changed my rmail password yesterday and now my accoumt says I'm using 0 out of 5 email addresses and, I can't even set a new account, what happened?!!! How can it be fixed?!!!!!

The Case of the Missing E-Mail Account....
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Cory,

Can you please reply with the missing email account(s).

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of michaelj315470

michaelj315470

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What would cause 2 of my email addresses to be deleted?.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi michaelj315470,

Please reply with the names of the accounts missing.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of michaelj315470

michaelj315470

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is my business email...not the level of service I expect.

My email addresses have been deleted and my account won't let me create any new ones..
Photo of smclarke9759

smclarke9759

• 62 Points
In Manage EMail Account not all accounts are showing in the list.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi smclarke9759,

Please provide me with the email address that are missing.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Eric8572

Eric8572

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello, Our website is www.verdi-international.info , we are a Belgian trading company. As this morning all our mail-adresses connected to the site disappeared. I can't even make them again. I did some tests and they are really gone. Even our mailinglist is gone. As from this moment we are losing business fast.

Email lost.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Eric8572,

Can you please provide me with the names of the missing email accounts?

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of paul7722

paul7722

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have been out of the country, and am the only member of staff who has access to the master Homestead account.
I just logged in and the "jobs@abc.com " account that was created ( and accessed by other team members ) is now missing.

One of my email addresses suddenly is missing. Help?.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi paul7722,

Can you please provide me with the email accounts that are missing?

Thank you,
Ehsan

Skylands and Beyond

EMAIL IS STILL NOT FIXED!!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Skylands and Beyond,

What is not working for you?

Thanks,
Ehsan

Skylands and Beyond

https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Here is the thread I started yesterday...

And from my last reply:
When email went down last night (couldn't be found by Safari or IE9) I posted this thread and started following 2 others posted minutes before me. Although it came back up at what appeared to be 7:37 pm last night, I had a 'potential customer' email me with questions today and tell me should couldn't send me an email from her personal account.

After seeing the other posts from yesterday, reading old email complaints with replies from 2 days ago AND receiving 3 replies today on my post from JUST yesterday, I'm positive it's because of Homestead's servers-not on her end.

Skylands and Beyond

I received replies to my thread from other community members even AFTER I was talking to tech support in Arizona today (or 4/11/13)

Skylands and Beyond

Tech support says they are not aware of any issue, you keep posting everything is resolved, yet I just replied to about 9 other posts regarding email in the last 3 weeks. It's not fixed! Follow my thread!!

Skylands and Beyond

If it helps, I have 9 threads regarding email I'm following on my dashboard, 3 of which were created yesterday around the same time as my thread (3 including my thread).

And on alot of the threads you or some other Homestead employee are saying it's fixed.

It's not fixed-follow my thread!!

Skylands and Beyond

The main reason I'm convinced it's not fixed is from the comment made by 'Webmaster3656', (who created the original post about the blacklisted servers), posted 5 hours ago about his email not working and that Homestead isn't even monitoring the systems.

Skylands and Beyond

which I see you just responded to...
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Skylands and Beyond,

Hmail is up and running as it should be. The users that are still experiencing issues with email are generally related to a browser issue (not compatible with IE10) or the settings in the email client need to be updated.

Some users' IP address has been blacklisted - They'll need to contact whoever's blacklisted them directly and ask to be "delisted" or removed from the blacklist.

Unfortunately, we're unable to do this because we do not own the IP address.

I hope this helps clarify, thanks.

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.