No mobile editor

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I am on Sitebuilder Plus. There is no mobile editor icon. Help!
Photo of David5386

David5386

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,594 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Sitebuilder plus does not have a dedicated mobile editor. The newer websitebuilder is a responsive builder and will automatically produce a mobile site based on your desktop design that will enable you to perform limited editing.

You can build mobile compatible pages using sitebuilder plus and desktop sitebuilder but will require work on your part. Let me know if your interested and I'll post the instructions. 
Photo of David5386

David5386

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your reply. To clarify my request, I refer you to the following:

With the new Homestead Websitebuilder, all the designs are responsive. This means that they are automatically mobile friendly and you will not be required to do anything more to achieve this, however, you may find that you want to make some changes only on the mobile site. You can access the mobile editor at the top bar of the editor, toward the right, then click on the element you wish to edit. In this case I chose a text box. You will see that while you do not have the ability to edit the actual content, you may change the style and position of the box. This will only affect the mobile version. To get back to the main site editor, push the desktop monitor button to the left of the mobile editor.

For tips on mobile editing, please view this article:
------- end of copy and paste, which was taken from https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-make-my-website-mobile-friendly
which says that it was updated one month ago.  An arrow points to mobile editor button. There is no such button on my Sitebuilder Plus.
I will appreciate any clarification. Thanks.
Photo of HannaK

HannaK

• 954 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I still use desktop sitebuider  and check all the time on my mobile. (android) There is very little to update 
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

I didn't know that desktop sitebuilder or sitebuilder plus had a mobile editor built in. Where can I find it? It would make things so much easier. 
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

I understood your question. Sitebuilder plus and desktop sitebuilder are not responsive and do not have a mobile editor function. I believe HannaK ether has a mobile site through duda or simply presents the desktop site when viewed through a mobile device.

If you want an actual mobile site that complies with google and other search engine guidelines you have several options.

You can use DUDA mobile for a fee. They used to offer a free site with ads but I don't know if they still do.

You can build your own mobile friendly pages using a program you're familiar with such as sitebuilder plus or desktop sitebuilder. You'll have to build the pages from scratch and should be comfortable with placing scripts. It's a bit confusing at first but once figured out it's quite easy.

The next option will give the easiest results but requires the most work. It's to simply start a new site and use websitebuilder to create the site. Because it's a responsive program your mobile site will automatically be created. The only catch is you will have limited editing functions for the mobile site. I've also read on this forum that homestead will transfer a sitebuilder site to the websitebuilder format for a fee.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 21,080 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello David,

Steve is correct, there is not a mobile editing icon for Sitebuilder plus unfortunately. The best option would be to start building in Websitebuilder to get the most up to date features and the mobile friendly aspect. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.