No Honest Answers!

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I called 2 days ago (Dec 17) was told the system would be up and running in 24 hours.  Called today Dec 19 and was told it will not be working till the end of the month.  I have lost revenue and have had to let employes go, as our online forms are not working and there for we can not invoice our clients.  What a joke, no, not a joke but a terrible thing to do, to businesses, during this time of the year.  I am sure there are many companies experiencing the same thing. Please what is a resource if we band together?  I am a small family run business and this has hurt us big time.   
Photo of Phyllis1647

Phyllis1647

• 1,444 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of John0126

John0126

• 646 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Me too Phillis I have an appointment this afternoon with my accountant and attorney to go over the options and itemize the lost revenue. No warnings about this no notifications pre-sent. This is unbelievable bad and irresponsible business on the part of homestead.
Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
HOMESTEAD TECHNOLOGIES, INC. Entity Number: C2107525 Date Filed: 05/05/1998 Status: ACTIVE Jurisdiction: DELAWARE Entity Address: 10 CORPORATE DRIVE, STE 300 Entity City, State, Zip: BURLINGTON MA 01803 Agent for Service of Process: C T CORPORATION Agent Address: 818 WEST SEVENTH STREET, 2ND FLOOR Agent City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90017

see my conversations for more info

Photo of doug7705

doug7705

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Did Homestead think we weren't going to notice? This is despicable. 

Photo of William5605

William5605

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I am having trouble getting through as well.  And am quite with homestead overall these days. While I do not have a business, it is frustrating that I cannot access my sites through site builder (which costs me $100/year) with my password, but can access it with www.homestead.com which is free.  I had e/mailed them earlier this year to not renew but they did still renewed my subscription.  I cannot get through to fix the password BS.

Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Oh, jeez.  I just decided to check in and see how everybody is doing, not so well, huh? My sites seem to be okay but I haven't gone in to make any changes so they would have the juice for others to make changes if need be.  Homestead has been acquired by a major company and it was their idea to do the migration now, not Homestead's.  Homestead is just taking the flack. Phyllis, my forms and submit button were not working so I deleted the forms and replaced the submit button with my email address in red and changed the wording to "please click on the red link below" and am now getting inquiries from clients via email. I don't know how yours works but if I can help, let me know.  I have been with homestead for years and just joined this forum a few days ago when I started having trouble with my sites.
Photo of Phyllis1647

Phyllis1647

Hi Leah, thanks for the reply but I have not been able to go on homestead to make changes to my website.  I have 3 websites for trade shows that I do. This has been on going for days.  My forms are, our bread and butter of the business.  It would have been nice if they 1/ had of informed everyone what was about to happen, 2/ do it at a later time.  I have talked with other site builders and they say it should not take this long to migrate.  It would be nice to keep us in the lope. When I click on the status button for homestead, its the same thing that has been posted for a couple of weeks now.  Why not stay connected with us their clients? Why not let us know what is going on?  I have looked into moving my account to another site-builder, which is sad for me, as I to have been with homestead for years. 
Photo of Phyllis1647

Phyllis1647

I would just like to say that I am now able to get on to my website.  I am thankful for that but am still very frustrated with the way things where handled with the Homestead Management.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am happy to hear this. There is still going to be work going on until the end of the month, so we aren't done yet, but we are very nearly there.

Drew
Photo of Deborah5635

Deborah5635

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This has been a fiasco.  Has there ever been any explanation about why users were given NO notice about these changes?  Not being able to update our sites for a month is simply ridiculous.  I am still getting the messages that it doesn't recognize my password until I enter it multiple times in a row and then says I am working "Off-line" and won't update my site. I am using the very awkward and time-consuming method of just leaving Sitebuilder open until it spontaneously decides it is now "On-line" and I can update ONE page before it goes "Off-line" again.  What type of reimbursement will be offered for this totally unprofessional handling of user websites?
Photo of Anita3148

Anita3148

• 854 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am a charter member of homestead and built my first site in '98.  Sadly this is really the last straw.  For those that are clinging to the idea that Homestead takes care of it's members, I wonder how many of those people have ever had an issue, and if so, did the techs actually solve it.  I love homestead when it works, but the few times I've had a problem, they were no help to me.  I had to figure out a workaround on my own, and eventually a fix.  This time, with the desktop editor not working properly and even the sitebuilder plus having stopped working for me after several days, I have finally been forced to look elsewhere for backup.  To that end I have bought hosting with hostdone.com.  I have no clue how to build a "normal" website and host it that way, but have a tech friend that will help me.  I hate to do this; I'm not one to make changes lightly.  However, there is something wrong when not all members are affected by this, or even affected the same way.  Are you all confident that at the end of the month things are going to be normal again, because I'm not.  We should have all been told about this in advance and we should all be updated daily, with info that is accurate.  This has been a very sad Christmas gift from Homestead.
Photo of jeff6955

jeff6955

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Homestead promised an update on their status blog (status.homestead.com) by the 19th.  None was posted.
Photo of jeff6955

jeff6955

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can we get this story out to the media?  Maybe Homestead will respond to that?
Photo of John0126

John0126

• 646 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
After discussions with my attorney Friday there are solid grounds for suits, individual or class.  I spent hours searching through homesteads website to see if there was any information produced by homestead announcing this "migration" and that it was going to cause difficulties for its customers.  As most of you know there was not any such announcement.  From reading the continuous string of complaints it is apparent that there has been a significant sum of lost revenue and personal expenditure not to mention individuals business credibility being damaged.  
Photo of Deborah5635

Deborah5635

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
They have my email address to send me a notice when it is time to pay my annual renewal.  Why didn't they send me a notice that they would be undertaking MAJOR maintenance that would impact my site?  It seems that years ago they WOULD send out a notice of upcoming maintenance and the time periods that it would take place.
Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
HOMESTEAD TECHNOLOGIES, INC. Entity Number: C2107525 Date Filed: 05/05/1998 Status: ACTIVE Jurisdiction: DELAWARE Entity Address: 10 CORPORATE DRIVE, STE 300 Entity City, State, Zip: BURLINGTON MA 01803 Agent for Service of Process: C T CORPORATION Agent Address: 818 WEST SEVENTH STREET, 2ND FLOOR Agent City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90017

see my conversations for more info

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.