Newly edited website won't publish

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm trying to edit and update my website. When I try to publish the entire website, an error code comes, saying I am not logged in.
Photo of Pamela0585

Pamela0585

• 70 Points

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Pamela,

Can you let us know which version of SiteBuilder is giving our the problem. I see you have SiteBuilder (desktop version) and SiteBuilder Plus (web based version).

If you are using Sitebuilder Plus, try to log in and publish with the Firefox browser. If you still have problems please reply back with the details and any error messages, codes etc.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Patricia5080

Patricia5080

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem. Yesterday, I signed in, made changes to my site and then published the edited pages without any problems. Today, after making additional changes, I get an error after clicking the publish button saying that I must sign in first. Obviously, I had already signed in in order to edit the page. Could there be a problem with the page itself or some sort of bug?

Using the web based SiteBuilder Plus via Firefox on a Mac.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The most common reasons for that error message are due to a period of inactivity, where the website logs you out for security reasons, or if there is a break or small hiccup in the internet connection. It is most common with dial-up, satellite and wifi connections which have weak signals or services that do not provide a constant on connection.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.