How do I update a file that has already been published?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm trying to change the downloadable form on my page to an updated version, I have uploaded it into the system (file storage area). When I choose the link to pick it, it says it has been selected (as that's the page that will be downloadable to the public). but when I go to the page preview (after I hit save) and and published the page. The form that pops up to download is the old one. I've tried redoing the button from scratch, re-uploading the new form, and nothing seems to be working!
Photo of Karolina1794

Karolina1794

• 70 Points
  • frusterated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Karolina1794 -

Thanks for writing in! Your problem may be the result of a couple things:

1. Cache Needs to be clear: Sometimes to have your pages load faster, the browser will store old data. Please clear your browser's cache, then trying clicking on the link to see if that was the problem. Here's how to clear your cache:
https://community.homestead.com/homes...

2. The File Itself Is not being published: This may happen from time to time, but you can publish the file manually, if Sitebuilder is not publishing it. To access the file manager in Sitebuilder Plus, click on the dropdown menu next to your website URL along the top, then choose "View File Manager". You will see a list of all your files. If the Status says, "!Publish", then the file has not been published. You can select the file from there, then click the "publish" button.

Hope that helps!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.