New email SPAM FIlter

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

In addition to all my client emails being marked SPAM, the new filter is now rejecting emails back to a few clients - as SPAM. These are people I've been exchanging emails with for six months. This "upgrade" is a business killer, and potentially a class action.

Someone at Homestead/Calbari needs to fix this immediately, make it a top priority.Now my work day seems to includes a series of apologies to clients why my email system isn't working correctly.
Photo of Tom9124

Tom9124

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • furious

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello, I am sorry for the trouble you are having, but you have not been migrated to the new spam filter yet. You are still using the old filter. I am investigating to see why you might be having a problem with this.

You will be notified in advance of when you are converted to the new platform and spam filter, and again when it has been completed.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Craig2980

Craig2980

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm a realtor and I can't get emails from my contract platform, zillow leads, and who knows how many others.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Craig2980, Sorry for the email problem. Can you provide us with any details or bounce messages etc. so that we have something to work with. We'll be glad to research this.

Mike
I am having the same issues since the new system change. I have contacted support twice and was told that it is my issue. I explained that I have been using this service for a while and never had any issues. I have even had other websites in the past and never had this issue. But now since the change I am being spammed....even when I message myself I am spammed.

They claim that lots of people are marking me as spam but that just could not be possible when I am replying to a message that was sent to me. They could not even tell me how long I had been flagged by their system. I had to go back weeks and contact clients with apologies. Several clients had reached out but their messages were blocked. It has gotten to the point to where I am using a backup email account which is very unprofessional looking since my business is online based. I get more reliable service from my free email provider, who has never spammed me.

I really like the hosting but I can't afford to do business like this and no one can offer any solutions. They don't even seem to care about loosing my business due to this issue....simply horrible and non-dependable service.

BTY....I have 5 websites with this host and the most expensive hosting plan offered and still, no real help from anyone. Just the same rude chat rep telling me that I am doing something wrong.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just had your domain name cleared by the spam filer on Feb 24th. Are you being blocked again? If so it must be some content of the message itself rather than the domain.

For us to tell exactly, we'll need to to complete another online form with the full email that is getting blocked.
http://communityguidelines.homestead....

Mike
Mike all I am sending is an email that says "Hello" I send to myself as well as another associated emails as well as an outside email. I don't ever receive any emails to the outside email and the ones that I receive to myself go straight to spam.

Like I said before, I am being told that that the issue is with me, but how is that if I send a plain email that JUST says "Hello" and NOTHING else? I'm not even receiving it to outside email accounts that I CC on, but I get it as spam to the accounts that are associated....even when I send it to myself it goes to spam.

Every time I say this I am being told the same thing..."It's the content". How is the word "Hello" spam worthy content?

I have been sending content for a long time, but you recently changed your system and this problem starts to occur and now its something that I am doing wrong? What are the chances?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'm happy to troubleshoot this but need really data to work with rather than general information. I'll need you to fill out the form and include all the specific details, email addresses etc.

Thanks

Mike
I already filled out the form a few days ago while on chat, but I have yet to receive a response or see a correction with the issue.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The domain that you submitted the form for was cleared and is still clear. Whatever is happening now is a different problem. It might be content, but it isn't the same content as before. We will need to determine what that is. The form will get us started.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Also, a one word email will trigger many spam filters these days. It is assumed that a legitimate email will not just have one word in it.
Even to myself? Come on.....It seems like you guys are looking for someone else to blame. Whatever the case I will fill out the form AGAIN. Please send me the link.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We aren't trying to blame anyone, but your domain was blocked, and now it is not, so we need to look again at the issue with a new message that fails to be delivered.

http://communityguidelines.homestead....

Drew
Drew the messages are saying that they are sent with no error stating that they have failed to deliver. In fact, it says that the message has been sent but nothing is ever delivered unless I email myself and then it goes to spam. I will fill out to form again and hope for the best.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thank you. Just put None in the bounce message box.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, we received your 2 submissions, unfortunately we can't analyze the general comments you posted. Please send a new mail. If it does not arrive at it's destination, then fill out the form with the specific data asked for in the form. Please use typical content for one of your emails as the original message.

We are sorry for your frustration and are trying to resolve the issue.

Drew
Drew, I did submit the request as you requested but I have not heard anything from anyone. This is exactly what happened the last time....I submit the information and no one ever gets back to me. Is this even and issue that you are able to resolve? Because if not, I would really like to know instead of wasting my time submitted request that are never resolved or fixed. When is someone going to let me know what is going on with my email account?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The last 3 forms you filled out all come back clean so don't seem to be getting blocked by our filter. It appears you are sending those to your personal gmail and yahoo accounts. Are they not making it at all, or are they going to spam on Google and Yahoo?
I am not receiving anything. I sent those emails to test the email accounts since I never got a confirmation that the issue was resolved. But every time, the issue remains the same. The message says sent but nothing is ever received...even in the spam folder. This happens on Both email accounts that I send to, yahoo and google. Nothing at all is coming through...Nothing.
Photo of Jeannie1315

Jeannie1315

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What happened to Homestead??? The employees are surly and sarcastic. They just care about luring in new customers these days and not servicing their old ones. Homestead was once rated one of the best web hosts for small businesses and now I think it's a joke. Unfortunately, I prepaid until May of 2015. I really don't want to do business with Homestead anymore and I've been their customer since the 1990s.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We are sorry if you had a bad experience with a representative, if you have an issue you would like assistance with, you can post a question here.

If you have an issue with an agent, then you are welcome to request a manager.

Drew
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Is there anything in the email that is not showing up on the forms you filled out like any images, hyperlinks, attachments?
I am not sure if this message was intended for me, but if so, the answer is no. There are no images, hyperlinks or attachments. I have been blamed for the issue enough times to know that I cannot send emails with anything other than text, which is still a problem in itself.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

CSRVirtualStaffing7756 ,

There's one more thing that may help us. If you can log into the email account and go to the Sent folder. Open up one of the emails that you've sent (but wasn't received by the recipient), and click the "show source" button at the top of the page. Copy the entire contents that you see in the window, and paste it here. There may be some information in the header that helps us resolve this.

Thanks!
Mike
Here is the information from one of the emails that did not transmit:

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 11:25:55 -0500 (EST)
Reply-To: kandrews
To: csrvirtualstaffing@gmail.com, karena_andrews@yahoo.com, thebbwdiva@gmail.co,
taxtaxy@yahoo.com, checkverify.com@gmail.com
Message-ID:
Subject: Email Confirmation
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_174531_1572960146.1393691155885"
X-Priority: 3
Importance: Medium
X-Mailer: Open-Xchange Mailer v7.4.2-Rev9
X-Originating-IP: 50.171.44.138
X-OX-Marker: 0fed4a97-6fd9-4b79-a44f-b266e8a8231d

------=_Part_174531_1572960146.1393691155885
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Please confirm that you received this email.

Best Regards,
Karena A.
CSR Virtual Staffing
832-388-7893
kandrews@csrvirtualstaffing.com
------=_Part_174531_1572960146.1393691155885
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml...">

Please confirm that you received this email.

Best Regards,

Karena A.

CSR Virtual Staffing

832-388-7893

kandrews@csrvirtualstaffing.com

------=_Part_174531_1572960146.1393691155885--
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thank you for posting this. I'll have this investigated. And, just to confirm, you did not receive any type of bounce message? Nor was it received by any of the recipients? or did some get the message and others not?
That is correct. I did not receive any type of bounce message nor was it received by any of the recipients. None of the messages were received.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

CSRVirtualStaffing7756 ,

Thanks for your patience. I just received some information back, that the spam filter was blocking you. We've submitted a request to have your emails unblocked, but, you will definitely want to edit your email list/contacts and not send unsolicited emails. Our email filter uses something called a feedback loop which tracks how many recipients flag your emails as spam. in this case the most recent report is below. The block was most likely due to an email sent on 2/17/14, and was marked as spam by the recipients.

- 100% of reports seen were to block
- 0% of blocks were from spam traps
- First report : 2014-02-17 10:29:54
- Last report : 2014-02-17 10:29:54

This page has some excellent information on how to avoid getting blocked in the future. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

This page explains how a feedback loop works: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
I am glad to hear that you at least are able to see that I am still being blocked as I stated before. I see that you state that I was blocked because of an email sent on 2/17/14 that was marked as spam. It sounds like 1 spam mark caused my account to be blocked. I only use this email when someone has requested information. I have lots of applicants that I respond to...only when they have first contacted me to express interest. If for some reason someone is not interested and marks the email as spam, I do not have any control over that. I hope that there are procedures in place to decide, within reason, if an email account has too many spams before the account is blocked so that I do not have a repeat of this issue.

Whatever the case, the real issue is that the email account is still blocked, even though I had been told several times that it was no longer blocked. I had to find an alternative method since encountering this issue with your new email system, so I already have a new method in place. I will wait to see if this issue is resolved and then I will be happy to "Star" and survey my experience based on the outcome.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Best way to assure that it doesn't happen again is to use an email marketing service connected to a list manager so that you can include an unsubscribe link in the emails. If there's no unsubscribe link, then they will mark you as spam instead.
Okay....I will look into it. Do you know when I can expect to be unblocked so that I can resume using my email account?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The fingerprint for csrvirtualstaffing.com has been cleared so it should now send. If you are still having sending problems right now, let us know.

Mike
So far things are looking good. I am happy to finally have this resolved. Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

OK Great! Glad it's working!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.