New website will not publish.

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I pointed my domain a week ago, started design of home page, saved, and hit publish. Website will not publish. First tried to publish about 12 hours ago, multiple attempts since. Here is the browser error I see in Firefox. Domain is listed in error mssg image.
Photo of haven6660

haven6660

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Robert4145

Robert4145

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Get rid of fire fox and add chrome

Photo of haven6660

haven6660

I dont use Google products. Switching to Brave browser soon. Its not a browser issue; never any issue with Firefox loading any site.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 64,730 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
REFRESH: Try a F5 to Refresh your browser.
Publishing will be prohibited if you've exceed your page limit or your storage limit. Your account allows for 25mb of disk space. You are attempting to exceed that amount, so it will not publish. You may add 1gb of space for $2/month, or you can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space. You may have exceeded your page limit? You may have exceeded your storage limit? You can expand your storage limit or delete unused files from you file manager. To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Click the Account Summary, under My Account. In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.
Photo of haven6660

haven6660

Storage limit definitely isn't exceeded. Page has been refreshed/reloaded/resaved/republished multiple times for 2 days.

I've only added very basic and minimal content on the home page only, so far. I will check the technical domain info on your link above, thank you.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You may want to log out and log back in > try again to save and publish. You may have timed out. Firefox has been generally recommended but if that doesn't work, you may want to try using the Chrome browser.
Photo of haven6660

haven6660

I checked WHOIS and there is no hold as per this help link https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information

Here is a screenshot showing the domain status listed. Is there a problem here?

Photo of haven6660

haven6660

I compared my WHOIS Domain Status to another active website that uses my same registrar, and the domain status texts circled in red above match perfectly to the working site, so im assuming its not a domain status issue.
(Edited)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You may need to review your Domain and how it's linked to your account.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,674 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Since this domain used to be with Homestead, when you pointed the domain to us, it grabbed the old DNS we used to point this site to. This information is not relevant to your current site, so I have reset your DNS to the default information it needs to be pointing to. Please give up to 24 hours for this site to start working.
Photo of haven6660

haven6660

THANK YOU. Elyzabeth!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.