Network issues 02/06/2015

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

We are currently experiencing a network outage affecting customer sites and logging into Homestead. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

*Update: 8:00 PM EST
-We are still having issues with sites being down. We have our entire network team trying to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience while we fix the issue. We apologize again for any inconvenience.

*Update: 9:16 PM EST
-We are apologize for the delay in resolving the issues. We are still currently working to fix it as timely as possible. 
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Donald4889

Donald4889

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for this notice. Hopefully, it's not a serious matter.
Photo of Corina7712

Corina7712

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled site down.

site is down, please advise...www.coffeesock.com
thanks
Photo of Connie1811

Connie1811

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site down.

Please help my site is down as well www.strategicpawstraining.com!  

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: my site is down, is there a problem with my DNS?.
Photo of Fancy Prancer

Fancy Prancer

• 1,470 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled missing website--again.

so again, my website seems to be missing, too much editing on my part I guess?  Nothing but "website not available"  so good for business.
Photo of Anita3148

Anita3148

• 854 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SLOW SLOW SLOW, now won't publish.

I'm assuming the data migration to new servers has been completed totally, correct? Since then,  the site builder loads slow, changes take forever to make, and often when I publish it hangs up my browser to the point where I have to close it out and start over. Now the last couple days I'm getting those old error messages about not being logged in. I'd been ignoring it and it would still publish, but tonight that's not happening. I was hoping there would be no more problems, but it didn't last long - and that's if you ignore the slowness. :(
Photo of kyong2707

kyong2707

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled server down? My website is not coming up? Customers are calling to see if we ar....

website is down.  Just say can't connect.
Photo of John0415

John0415

• 62 Points
My site is down...eta for repair?
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 3,272 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
My sites came back up, but I can't get into SB Plus to work on them. Ugh!
Photo of Lee1866

Lee1866

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled your service is not working, 2-6-15AD 5:14pm.

site builder is not showing any of the sites so that I can go to them for editing, about 20 minutes. ago, the site was off the net, and came back in peace's. what is going on with your service?
Photo of William S

William S

We are currently aware of the issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are trying to resolve this in a timely manor.
Photo of angelo4015

angelo4015

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What is the estimated time for repair.  This last 2 weeks has been very problematic with Homestead on many levels.  I think you need to consider compensating your customers to take the sting off.  I'm not sure how many clients are trying to reach me but I know I gotten calls complaining my sites are down.  Its embarrassing!!!
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I want comped no doubt! This is uncalled for!  My bussiness is down, there is no way to know how much bussiness I have lost since this take over or what ever the hell happened a few months ago. Where is the CEO of this company?
 I want answers and I mean like right now!
Photo of Josephine4695

Josephine4695

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am unable to get past the default message regarding "delete local copy" to work on my site. I started deleting the local copy as requested and then realized I was destroying all my text and photos. Please help restore / refresh my site files BEFORE this network outage. The site currently online also has lost text files and image files. This is very serious. It looks like half of my site is destroyed.
Photo of Josephine4695

Josephine4695

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have 2 other sites that I have not opened yet. I am worried how much information has been destroyed on these sites as well.
Photo of Shadowbrook1070

Shadowbrook1070

• 446 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agreed.  Josephine4695 I have the same exact problem.
Photo of Martin

Martin

I want to be compensated for this mess!

What a joke.
Photo of Phillip5939

Phillip5939

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
dito
Photo of William S

William S

We will be happy to discuss this with you, but please create a private topic, as we don't discuss these things publicly.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Pure BS! I want $100K at least. I refuse to be put on hold for hours only to talk to someone that can't speak English.

Nor will I "chat" online and try and figure out what needs to be done.

You all need to call me!
Photo of William S

William S

Martin

Please post a new private message if you would discuss this further. 
Photo of Phillip5939

Phillip5939

This is the third time in two weeks my business is closed because you can not provide service. I have been a customer for over ten years. Tonight I start writing a site I will post on godaddy and stop using your service.
Photo of Shadowbrook1070

Shadowbrook1070

Agreed.  Similar situation here.  Maybe time to start finding a new hosting service if Homestead can't get it's stuff together.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Yep, I am so sick of all these problems!
Photo of Phillip5939

Phillip5939

I have $150 / hour labor sitting around waiting for my site. Last Friday and the Friday before we took 100 orders, this Friday 15 with our site down. Are we looking at another hour or all night? I need to know. There is no customer service after 5:00.
Photo of Lourdes9353

Lourdes9353

• 506 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
website down, YOU are embarrassing me in front of my customers, never mind all my advertising on Google and Facebook, and lost of sales. And the cheek to use you outages as an opportunity to advertise your service.. Joke.
Photo of Candice2686

Candice2686

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Temporarily Interrupted.".

It said homestead has been temporarily interrupted!!!!! We have a nightclub to run and our website needs to be available. I don't care if the services are temporarily unavailable, just have the old website listed. Not a blank white page.. . COME ON PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER, OTHERWISE I WILL JUST TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSE WHERE!
Photo of Lourdes9353

Lourdes9353

• 506 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My god Hurry UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Phillip5939

Phillip5939

It would be irresponsible for me to continue to use your service now. This is costing me hundreds of dollars. Thank you for the education. I now understand not to use a third rate service.
Photo of Donald4889

Donald4889

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
William,

Please refresh my site. I'm getting the same error message associated with the ~local... file as I had gotten earlier.

Thanks.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Wrong thread man!
Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

ok I have heard all this for months, its heartbreaking, my losses are in the $30,000 range so again I encourage you to join HUG, the HS user group I started which advises you on courses of action, who the players are that is responsible for this unmitigated disaster, etc. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugforum 

And, be nice to William and Drew, they are the only ones who seem to be trying though why they cant explain what is causing these problems is a mystery. People need a way to mollify the pain by way of understanding what they are facing and why..that is only common sense, something sorely lacking throughout this entire ordeal.

Photo of Martin

Martin

I think I joined your group? It is lame. I want some answers from HS and I want them now!
Photo of Phillip5939

Phillip5939

I don't want to criticize William. He is probably the only one there, and we would be devastated without him. My point is Homestead is large enough to have 24 hour customer support.
Photo of William1899

William1899

Taking issue with Endurance Int'l the owner of HS (and many other hosting sites) is what HUG is all about ...they are a publically held company and so they know they cant hide if we make enough noise their direction, it will have to be reported...we need to stick together and start complaining to them, it is clear HS management is invisible or non existent. I probabley will file a law suit this month, but for those lesser affected, send letters, emails, faxes, what ever to Endurance, all the contact info is in HUG.

I am a non practicing legal person in California, where Homestead is incorporated and will assist (at no charge) in filings, etc. up and until these problems are resolved, but not after, so I encourage you to not delay.

Photo of Shadowbrook1070

Shadowbrook1070

William, I tried joining your group.  Please admit me.  Thanks.
Photo of William1899

William1899

ok thanks
Photo of Martin

Martin

They, the morons in charge of Homestead think we are are selling trinkets to local folks and are sitting in rocking chairs playing. I am in charge of  a multi million dollar company!
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,894 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Update?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.