Need information about setting page links that is seemingly NOT provided in the sitebuilder "help" section.

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Such as they are displayed on the Internet, my pages extend way below my footers. (My footer consists of a horizontal navigation menu.) How can I set my individual page lengths so that each page terminates just below its footer, and displays as such on the Internet?
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

• 784 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ronald5605,

The SiteBuilder does not actually have a setting that controls the height of the pages. it is basically self adjusting so it will continue to scroll down, as far as you place content. In your particular case, the page is scrolling down as far as the background image goes. If you look in the properties editor, after clicking the gray/brown background image, you'll see that it has a height of 3825 px. which is probably not necessary. Just reduce that number and it will limit how far the page scrolls down. Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

I considered that possibility. However, my pages are not all the same length, and in the case of one or more of them the background image that you mention must be 3825 px to provide a background for all of the content.

I noticed also, when viewing my pages on the Internet, the extent of my pages goes beyond the background image that you mention, to include an extensive blank area, plain white, that is, below the 3825 level marked by my background image.

If I were to shorten the few pages that are very long, so as to eliminate the need of a 3825 px background image, would I still have the extensive blank (white) area displaying below my (resized) background image? If so, or any case, how can I control the extent of this blank (white) area... does its extent function according to the attributes (or size) of another element of my design?
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

Ultimately, my intention is to make my pages extend, as displayed on the Internet, to just below the horizontal navigation menu that I am using as a footer for each of my pages. Simply put, I want a professional appearance, that is, pages that display no further than the extent of just below my footer
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Since the pages are not going to be uniform in length, then you probably do not want to use the background image in the master template. You might even consider turning it off all together. Then just import the background image to each page individually so that you can size it according to the needs of each page. Also, you can do the same with the footer/links at the bottom. Remove the navigation menu from the master template and then add it to each page. This way you'll be able to position it the necessary height/location on each individual page.
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

I inserted the horizontal navigation menu (footer) manually, that is, a page at a time, placing it according to each page length. Now that you mention it, I suppose I can do likewise with the background image, setting its length for each page. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Happy to help! Let us know if you run into any more issues. Thanks!
Mike
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

That bridge is crossed. My page length is fine now.

Another matter: I am in the process of completing the steps of "On-Page search engine optimization," per your publication "SEO 101." My reading of "SEO 101" indicates to me that English language is, shall we say, the "language of search engine optimization." In my business of apparel accessories that are handmade by Indigenous South American Peoples, Spanish speaking customers are part of my clientele. My keyword research turned up viable short tail keywords in Spanish and English. What would the impact upon the results of my On-page SEO site modifications be of including Spanish and English keyword phrases: for example, how would including Spanish, as well as English keywords in my page names (the URL's of my pages) effect my SEO results?

I appreciate your help before. If you are an SEO guru, great, perhaps you can answer my question without input from others. Otherwise, please try to get a general consensus, among people that know SEO at Homestead, as to answering this question. Thanks. Ronald
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

SEO, can definitely be a little tricky. Before you make any changes with integrating Spanish keywords into the site, you'll want to do a little research and see if you can somehow determine how many people out there would be searching for a site like yours in Spanish vs. English.

So. There are a couple approaches you could take and both might be time consuming and involve trial and error.

1. You can try to add a few Spanish works into your page titles, descriptions, the text in the body of the site etc and then watch your traffic to see if you get a significant increase in traffic. You'll have to be careful in doing this because it could effect your existing keyword density. It might help you to gain traffic on some of the new Spanish keywords, but then maybe cause you to loose traffic on the English words.

2. Another approach you can take is to be more aggressive and make a duplicate site except change it to all Spanish.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.