Need help aligning text that Bigcommerce/Homestead inserted?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

When we made the transition from Homestead to Bigcommerce, a representative from one of the companies kindly added some text to our site.  I would like to find out if this text can be adjusted slightly to align with the text below it (the column).  I tried to adjust it myself, but didn't have any success. This is the text:

info@crimetech.net
P: 904-880-9688
F: 904-880-9689

Thank you very much.
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

• 1,446 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leslie0014,  We were able to move that text over so that it is now aligned.

Mike
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

Thank you for your assistance.
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

The home page was fixed, and I appreciate the help.  A similar blurb is shown on the product pages and has the same alignment issue.  Could someone fix that please?

Since I'm unable to change anything in the non-HTML Design Mode (which is a bummer because I'm an amateur), could someone let me know where they went in the Edit HTML/CSS area to work on the product page phone number/email blurb (just in case the information has to be changed in the future)?  I know where to go for the HTML home page blurb.

Thank you very much.
(Edited)
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

Sorry, but another note about the blurb on the product pages - part of the blurb is an e-mail address.  It does not have the hyperlink(?) to click through for e-mailing purposes.  (The home page is fine with that respect). Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Leslie0014,

I fixed the alignment on the product details page and also linked the email address.

Let us know if we can help again.

As far as finding the code for fixing issues like this, I prefer to use a simple Firefox browser addon called Firebug. Basically once you have Firebug installed in your Firefox browser, you highlight the text or element you wish to fix, and then when you right-click it gives you an option to inspect the element with Firebug, which then displays the html code for that particular element.  You'll have to be fairly well versed in reading/understanding the code but you can generally tell which template  the code is in for editing.
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

Everything looks fine with the alignment fix, except something changed in the "You Recently Viewed..." area of the product pages.  The thumbnail photos next to each of the parts shown in this area is now missing.  Thank you.
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

Please pardon my message directly above.  The initial alignment blurb is indeed fixed, but I was incorrect about there being thumbnail photos for the "You Recently Viewed..."

However, something went weird with the alignment in this section:

The alignment of the short description should be brought to the left so that it lies directly underneath its price and Add to Cart text.

Thank you very much.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the delay. I'm looking into this one and will get back to you again.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This also required a code change.

If you need to edit it again, it's on the "styles.css" template line 810

You'll see that the left margin is "0px".  It was previously set to "20px".
You can easily change it back if you need to.

Mike
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

This is perfect. Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.