Need to possibly switch website hosting service. What is the procedure and the cost?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How do I transfer my domain to another host?

I'm looking at different SEO packages with a variety of different companies. All would want to switch to their own hosting service. What is the procedure (in simple terms please) for doing this and what is the cost?  
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,984 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ask the web hosting company under consideration. Homestead has a price list for their packages. You know their pricing, right? Do the research with the companies you're entertaining.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Thanks, I'm not sure I was very clear with my question. I need the price for what Homestead would charge me. Homestead owns the website and currently host, where would I get their price? The SEO company that I may go with isn't going to charge me anything. Thanks for your help. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

http://www.homestead.com/welcome/#.VLXjICvF-Sp
Select plans and pricing at the top of the page.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Thank you. This is not what I'm asking for. Please refer to my earlier question for specifics. Homestead owns my domain name. I need it unlocked in order to migrate it to another provider. The going industry rate is about $30. I am trying to ascertain what Homestead will charge. Make sense?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Your new website service provider will help you with this.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Thanks, again I don't think you're understanding what I'm asking for. But a new service provider isn't going to unlock the domain nor is it going to be familiar with Homestead's charge. I really don't know what you're not able to understand here. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Logon to Homestead and select Manage Your Websites Domains > Change Site Associations.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Use Homestead "chat". They can help you.
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

• 3,412 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Dave, -  normally the only cost you would incur  would be to the new Registrar you select ( EXAMPLE Godaddy, Register, Enom ETC ) THIS IS FOR DOMAIN TRANSFER ONLY

You would request from Homestead to UNLOCK, your domain name & provide EPP Codes .. You would need to create an account with the domain registrar you have selected  and initiate a "transfer of domain"  The fee you pay to them normally adds a year of registration ..

Im unclear are you wanting to move your homestead website to another host ??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.