Need immediate help. Homestead not saving or publishing my updates.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Need immediate help. I am saving updates from my computer. I am saving and publishing. but homestead website builder is not saving my updates or publishing my updates and when I sign out and sign back in, none of my changes were saved either. Need immediate helpl.
Photo of Alice6478

Alice6478

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • in immediate need

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 61,816 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you tried a "refresh" (Shft/Ctrl/Delete). Using this procedure intermittently provides solutions to cache and cookie related interference.F5 = Refresh: A browser works by downloading a page to your computer.  Browsers will then show the page from your computer as opposed to downloading it every time you visit a page. This speeds up the process and lessens the traffic on the Internet. Depending on the browser, it will periodically check the website for a new version of the page and download if it has changed. If you don't see a change that you expect, then press f5. That tells the browser to go to the site and download the page now.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 261,436 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Alice6478,

What site and page are you working on? What changes did you make? If themieleman's suggestion didn't resolve the issue, let us know

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I can save and publish 2 -3  pages, then I have to clear my history and re-login.  This is a BIG hassle.  It is take a full week to save and publish my changes for my site's holiday look, and I too am getting VERY frustrated.  I've been with homestead since the days it was free like WIX.  Ever since I converted to the web program of editing pages so I could use my Mac, I've seen issue after issue.  Makes me wonder about the company's staying power.....

Catherine
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 261,352 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Catherine,

I understand. I am sure you, too, are being affected by the migration. Unfortunately we just have to finish it. I will have an update to the progress, probably towards the end of the week. It is possible that your account resolve prior to that. I understand you concerns, but this is a big step forward in speed and security. There really is so much to do to bring things up to where they need to be to provide a stronger and better experience for you.

Drew
Photo of jeff6955

jeff6955

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't publish right now to www.jerseydance.com and performance is abysmal.  Not sure you why Homestead would choose to do this at the most important time of the year for businesses.  I have wrong pricing published I can't change.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 61,816 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Homestead is making changes in their platform. You are experiencing an interruption in service. We're all experiencing some problems. I'm hoping they'll complete this project soon.
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

Sure picked the WRONG time of year for changes in their platform!
Photo of Catherine9642

Catherine9642

finally got all my pages to publish last week (thank goodness).  Homestead sure picked the wrong time of year for any changes in their system.  I do hope that one of their changes will finally be multi-level menu widget.  

Thanks,
Catherine
www.pitterpatterproductions.com
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

• 2,456 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
You could delete homestead and do a clean re-install.  Everything should be through migrating and work now. Try deleting the new update of Java-8 I had to delete my other hosting company and rebuild it too. Everything is running so much better than it was with each one of my sitebuilders of Homestead and Yahoo too. 
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

• 2,456 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Need some help on Page: http://countrykennel.homestead.com/Teacup-Puppies-Tiny-Toy-Puppies-For-Sale-in-Louisana.html I think I need a Quick time software to hear the music in the slide show. Can you please send me a link to the software in my Private Posts. I can't find my private responses.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.