Need help with website builder ecommerce store

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

In my store I have a product that offers certification courses.  I would like the option to choose a date for the course under that product, rather than having to create a product for every single class since we offer several a month.  Is this possible?
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,058 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can set up a variant that has specific dates they can choose from. You can set it up variants by following step 3 in this article https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-e-commerce-adding-products
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

There are preset variants and I cannot see how you can create your own.  The preset variants are for buying products, not services.   I need the variant to say "Select a Class" or something like that.  I could not find an option to create my own.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

When you go to add a variant in the "Your variant name" field if you click in there and start typing it will say create "class", click enter to add that variant name. Then select other for type and add your dates one at a time in the variant choice. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

It won't let me change the variant.  How were you able to put Class there?
name to class is the problem.  It doesn't give me that option.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

When you click in the field, the drop down will display but don't choose anything from the list,  just start typing "Class" then press enter.
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

Ahhh, okay that worked!  Thank you!  One more question, is it possible to disable the view ALL in the store?  I don't like all the categories mixed together like that.  It would look much easier on the eye to just have the categories.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Great. Unfortunately there is not a way to disable the "all products" option from the categories. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

I appreciate all your help. I have had my other website for I think 16 years now and there is so much on it.  It is taking so long to get this transferred and to learn the new builder, but I know the website is going to look so much fresher and updated.  The old site just looks OLD.  Haha.  I am sure I am going to have a ton more questions as I go through this process.  Thanks for your patience.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are so welcome. I understand there is always going to be that learning curve and i'll be here to help you along the way. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, we want to help this process go as smooth as possible. The work and energy you are putting into the new site will definitely pay off in the end. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

So I am wanting to go ahead and switch the new site which is labeled fbf.homesteadcloud.com  to my domain fitbyfaith.net      I would really like you to do it for me because it is vital my site does not go down.   Also, is it possible to move the current fitbyfaith.net content to a different named site so I can spend more time pulling the content off.  It is so many years worth of stuff it will take me several months to go through it and it would be sad to lose it.  
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 8,578 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yes, I do not mind helping get your domain connected to your new homesteadcloud site. Your old site will still remain in website manager under the site url dscreationsixblessedjohn.homestead.com, if you would like, you can rename the site url by clicking rename from websites manager. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Since we needed to point the name servers back to Homestead there will be a few hours of downtime but once everything finishes propagating the site will come right up. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

Thank you so much!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

It is working, but is there a way if people type in www.fitbyfaith.net it will redirect to fitbyfaith.net   I can tell we will lose a lot of people from that because we have been www.fitbyfaith.net for 13 years.
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

and having major issue with https://fitbyfaith.net/store  It says 403 forbidden and has cloudfare on it so if you can fix that super fast I would be grateful because we have people ordering daily and I just shared that link with our clients.
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

It seems that all the pages are doing it now on and off, is it part of the servings changing back to homestead?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

It did take a little bit of time for the changes to propagate but I am seeing the new site show on my end now. It may be caching on your end since you visited the site often while it was in transition. That should be clearing  and showing very soon, to speed up that process you can try clearing the cache on your browser and reset your modem if you are on personal wifi. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

If you can move one more site for me and then all my sites will finally be switched to websitebuilder.  That was hard work!    I need to move  fbfworkouts.homesteadcloud.com to  fitbyfaithonlineworkouts.com    Also it doesn't look like that domain ever had the correct SSL so that might need to be fixed to.  Thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem, I can get that one switched over for you. I made sure both sites are set up correctly in WebsiteBuilder with the SSL applied. We will need to allow some propagation time for that to show. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

The fitbyfaith.net is not working again with the 403 forbidden cloudfare message again.  How long does it take for it to stop doing that?  I did clear my cache, etc.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

DNS changes can take 24-48 hours. I am able to access all pages from a network it is not cached on. 
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

Also another question, is it possible to download my audio files on site builder and if so how?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You can download all your files from Sitebuilder by archiving the site files. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-plus-downloadable-archive

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.