Need help with sync files error

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Sync files message in Sitebuilder 10/26/2015 6:15pm Mountain time

I can not update my site due to the "synchronizing file" error!  I really need this resolved!  I have vital info that MUST be updated through my site.  Will I get credit for the errors & inconvenience coming from you guys?  Its very hard to contact anyone or get live help when needed to get issues resolved!  I am soooo frustrated!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: SUFFERING YOUR SYNCHRONIZE FILE BUG FOR 3 DAYS.
Photo of PastorRos

PastorRos

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Pastor Rosalind6737, I have cleared the server cache. Please try again using Firefox. We have not done much testing with Edge. Also, your site doesn't have a huge number of files. If you do see the message, you should be able to click through to get into the editor. Click on keep local. If you need to make urgent edits, this would be fastest.
Photo of PastorRos

PastorRos

it cleared temporarily, but now doing the same thing!  I'm losing patience.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It seems for your account, I can clear you for a one or 2 time log in, but the it recurs. If you need to get in let me know. If you don't need to immediately edit the site, then I have already reported this to the engineers. I do not expect to hear from them today, so if we do clear the system, then when you log in, make sure to make all the edits you need and publish. This will minimize the amount of time you need to wait for me to clear it.
Photo of PastorRos

PastorRos

I need to get in now please.
I tried foxfire and that didn't work either.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

PastorRos

Ok, make sure you are logged out of Homestead. Then clear the browser. Then log in and try again. It should work at least once.
Photo of JOHN5471

JOHN5471

• 1,284 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Same fault here cannot log in.......I just keep getting "The local and published versions of this file are different."......my website www.calvertonvillage.com is massive so this undertaking every time is so annoying.....you are supposed to have sorted it for me two days ago....now I have the same trouble yet again.....AAAGH!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

JOHN5471

Ok, make sure you are logged out of Homestead. Then clear the browser. Then log in and try again. It should work at least once.
Photo of Greg6549

Greg6549

• 622 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue at goldenshiner.com     there are way to many files to do them one at a time.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Greg6549,

Photo of JOHN5471

JOHN5471

Same again today even after clearing and using FIREFOX!

QUOTE!!! "Same fault here cannot log in.......I just keep getting "The local and published versions of this file are different."......my website www.calvertonvillage.com is massive so this undertaking every time is so annoying.....you are supposed to have sorted it for me two days ago....now I have the same trouble yet again.....AAAGH!"

Talk about getting angry!!  Am I to have this problem every other day?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

JOHN5471,

Please let us know that you are logged out of Homestead. I'll clear it and let you know to try. I'll take your account for the engineers to look at.
Photo of Greg6549

Greg6549

same scenario with me...clearing di not work...  I am logged out
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Greg6549,

Which site do you need. I can only clear 1 site at a time
Photo of Greg6549

Greg6549

oh sorry.....goldenshiner.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Greg6549, Give it a try now. Please clear the browser before logging in. Also, sometimes this only works for a few, or even 1 lg in, so make sure you have edits to make before logging in.
Photo of Caroline6045

Caroline6045

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What is going on ? I just had my subscription renewed and I can't work on my site !
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Caroline6045

Please let us know that you are logged out of Homestead. I'll clear it and let you know to try again.
Photo of Caroline6045

Caroline6045

I'm logged out...thanks for your help.  I hope it works.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Caroline6045

Clear your browser history and then log in and try again. Please don't log in until you have edits to make. The message may come back. If it does, let us know
Photo of Caroline6045

Caroline6045

I cleared the history..logged on and tried  to edit my calendar page.  The edit button did not show at the top of the image so I hit delete and was sent back to the original problem page.  Again I cleared all history on Firefox and when I logged in I got the same problem page.  Help !
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Caroline6045, try again and only hit edit site. You should see it after hitting websites manager. Make sure the page loads completely.

Photo of Caroline6045

Caroline6045

thanks, that worked and I was able to edit my site but once I logged off and tried to log on again I got the same problem message.  Am I going to have to go through all these steps before working on my website every time ?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It's possible right now. We are trying to resolve it for everyone, and also try to streamline this process until we do.
Photo of JOHN5471

JOHN5471

Now logged out - Site is still the same still getting the 'local and published' www.calvertonvillage.com madness ..... and nothing to do with using Firefox either, that's the same....
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

JOHN5471,

Please clear the browser history and log in to try. Remember some are seeing this recur after as few as 1 log ins, so once you get logged in, make your edits. If you then see the message next time, please let us know and I will send your account to the engineers.
Photo of JOHN5471

JOHN5471

Please send my account to the engineers this is absolutely ridiculous!  Getting the message every go again!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

JOHN5471, It has already been done. I have no ETA on the permanent resolution, so until then we will need to continue doing this when you need to edit. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of JOHN5471

JOHN5471

What an absolute nightmare you people have caused everyone......talk about shoddy.....Do we get any compensation for all this hassle?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.