Need help with site.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I am not able to edit my website. It says unexpected error. This has been going on for  a week now.
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which site?
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

I'm building a new website and it won't let me get into it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,636 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Antonio1488, I'm sorry. You changed the email address on the account. Unfortunately that is what broke it. We are in the process of changing the connection to the editor, but right now it is the email address. The site was created with the old email and that is how it is trying to connect. Usually if you switch back to the old email, the connection will be restored and you will be able to edit the site. You have also created another new builder site that was created after the email change. That one is working now, but if you switch the email back it will not work. They look like they are the same site, so it will be your choice as to which one you want to work on.
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

Will they be able to fix it or should I continue to start over as I was?
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

Is there a number I can call? The new one I started with now isn't working. I tried changing emails and it's not letting me get into the old one either.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Antonio1488, If you have not started any of them, please delete all 3 of the new sites. Change your email address to the one you wish to use, then create the new site and select the template.
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

It doesn't let me get into any.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They all seem to have lost connection. I am going to have to remove these sites. Once you see only the one site, then fix your email to the one you want to use, then create the new site and it should all work. Please try to use a different name than these ones. I am not sure if they will be stuck in the system
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

Ok thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. Let us know if you have any other issues.
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

So I haven't been able to create a new website. I tried waiting a couple weeks to see if maybe the system would resolve it and nothing has changed. Whenever I create anything new it says the samething as before. Unexpected error.
Photo of Bill1356

Bill1356

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

It is disgusting - we are is Australia so their stupid time zone means we have to be up in the middle of the night to get any assistance!!!!!  So this has happened to us too and I have been trying to work for the past 24 hours - and still down - come on Homestead!!!!!!!!!

Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

Is there anyone I can call?
Photo of Sam7205

Sam7205

• 88 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issue with my new website. I talked to a representative too and he said that the problem was resolved, but logged in about a few hours to get started on the site only to find out it's still saying the same " You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later."
Photo of Antonio1488

Antonio1488

That's exactly what it says when I try to go into my site.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sam7205, I am able to edit the site. Can you clear your browser and try again? Assuming it is the gear site you are having trouble with.
Photo of usatravelhosts8185

usatravelhosts8185

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem with my account " You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later." How can i fix it - i need to get this done - i have customers waiting. Tina Smith
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What is the site name. Were you able to select a template initially?
Photo of Warren6191

Warren6191

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is simply just ridiculous.  I see posts all over this forum about this issue.  I can't even edit the site I have created with the new sitebuilder, no link to it provided.  I can either select a new template or delete my site.....no call center, no one answering these posts until a day or two later in some cases.  
Photo of egrossarth4685

egrossarth4685

• 60 Points
I'm having the same issue - I created a new website, published it...but now that I've gone back into website manager, the only option I have is to select a template or delete the site. I owe work to our partner tomorrow!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You contacted chat this morning. Did they resolve the issue for you?
Photo of Warren6191

Warren6191

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yup, its an internal issue that Homestead needs to figure out.  But with no customer service any more outside of the ridiculous 4:30am -1:30 pm MT hours, help is not a call or click away.  Until the bugs are worked out, one would think they would lay on some extra hours to help out people.  This effect was corrected for my website but only after 4 days of waiting for them to get off their butts and actually do something.  They no longer take calls after 1:30 pm for tech support, so don't bother.  I tried last week and waited on hold 3 hours before I gave up finally.    You will have to let your partner know that the ISP is having issues and you cannot complete until its resolved. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Warren, those hours are for chat only. Our phone support is open from 6:00am-5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday. And I am usually here until 5:00pm Monday-Friday.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.