The 3rd Thursday of each quarter is National Get to Know Your Customers Day. Getting to know you customers leads to higher loyalty and better referrals, by giving you ideas on where you can improve or where you are really delivering. As a small business, you can offer a personal touch to your customers, that isn't available with a large store or chain. Take advantage of that!
Here are a five ideas to get you started.
1. Conduct a survey - Let your customers provide feedback to you. Here are some survey ideas.
2. Hold an event - If you are a web based business, host a webinar.If you have a presence in your community, invite your customers to come on byso you can speak with them directly. Here are 4 examples how you can benefit from an event
a) You are face to face with your customers. You can more easily learn their real needs.
b) It can be exciting to people to get out of their normal routine to attend an event. It can make them eager to try your new product or service.
c) Events usually have a positive feel. It is a great time to solicit testimonials(written or audio/video) Post them to your website and/or social media channels
d) Improve employee morale. Just like your customers, your staff can also be invigorated by a change in the normal day. Let's face it, it's just fun to do something different at work.
3. Ask customers for reviews - This is another way for customers to provide you with their feelings about your business. Feedback, positive and negative, is invaluable in finding opportunities for change and improvement. If you receive negative feedback, make sure to reach out to that customer and see if you can resolve the issue. A little more about asking for reviews
4. Use social media - Creating a private group on Facebook gives customers a place to come share stories. It will provide you with information on what you do well and where you can improve. Engaging your customers in these cases will help build trust with them.
5. Create and maintain a customer profile. Every time you speak with a customer, make notes about the substance of the conversation. You want to be able to save data about each customer. You want to know what they like and don't like. You may want to try to get family names or birthdays. A quick email to say happy birthday is always a welcome surprise. Discuss your customers goals in doing business with you and save that information in the profile. It can help you target your customers appropriately in the future, and almost as important, NOT to target certain customers based on your profile.
How do you engage with your customers? We would love hear from you in the comments below.
On the second Monday of January we must confront something that many of us have in common...
January 14th is National clean off your desk day! Get that desk organized and clean. You'll be more efficient and feel more relaxed. So get to it!
If you post on social media, use #CleanOffYourDeskDay
Be the first to post a reply!