my website has malware, how do i get this removed?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

My Google Ad-words account sent me an email letting me know that my website is sending out malware. Google have suspended my account until this is resolved. I also tried to work on my website and it give me a warning about malware. Please help me to get rid of this.

Thank you
Jennifer Locke
Photo of Jennifer0458

Jennifer0458

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jennifer,

I’m so sorry for your frustration! We’ll be reaching out to you directly about this matter. In the meantime, I want to assure you that you do not have malware on your website. We have been in touch with Google to have them remove the malware flag.

We’re hopeful this will be resolved soon but it could take a day or two. In the meantime, you can remove tracking code from your website, although doing so will mean that visitor tracking information will not be updated within your SEO portal. The tracking code is what is causing the malware flag. Again, you do not have malware on your site. I’ll send you a private email so you can follow up with me directly if you have questions or want additional assistance removing the tracking code.

Please accept my sincere apology that you were impacted by this incident.

Angela
Photo of Robert5912

Robert5912

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same exact issue with me website and it did not start happening until I upgraded to the full service package. So not only am I paying more but potential customers are not seeing my website due to this malware flag on Google. My website is at www.hutchproclean.com
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi Robert,
I'm showing that the malware flag for your website has been removed. I'm very sorry for the frustration while that was happening. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Angela
Photo of Robert5912

Robert5912

Google is saying that my website has malware content from photographtheeverglades.com on my website and it is stopping potential customers from seeing my site without risk to their computers. This did not start happening until I upgraded to the full service package. This is very upsetting to say the least! Can this be corrected?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I remove malware content from my website?.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

HI Robert, I responded to your other post. The malware flag has been removed.
Photo of Robert5912

Robert5912

Angela thank you for your quick reply. However; now Google is saying that another malware flag is attached from carbookingonline.com. There must be multiple malware issues because every time I pull my website up on my computer it is flagged.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

This is for hutchproclean.com, correct? I'm not getting it when I go to your site from my computer. Have you cleared your cache and cookies? Have you tried another browser? Let's get this figured out!
Photo of Robert5912

Robert5912

Yes it is for hutchproclean.com. I just pulled the page up on my desktop and it is saying the malware from photographtheeverglades.com is still there. and on my laptop it is saying that the malware from carbookingsonline.com is there. Thus showing multiple threats. I called my mom to have her look it up and she said her spyware flagged my website on her computer as well for the photographtheeverglades.com malware. WOW!!!
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

It sounds like the spyware warning is coming from an anti-virus program. Can you get additional information from your anti-virus program? Without additional information - we don't have any way of troubleshooting. What I can tell you is that any new customers that go to your site are not getting a malware warning.