My site builder keeps locking up

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My site builder keeps locking up on me. I have to resort to control-alt-delete to shut down and re-start only to have it happen again and again. Please help
site is www.keepsakesandmemorials.com
Photo of Sandra9724

Sandra9724

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sandra -

I understand your frustrations and hope I can help!

Since your sites are fairly large, it would help if Sitebuilder was one of the only programs running on your computer, so please make sure to shut down other programs running in the background that you are not using.

Also, if you haven't restarted your computer recently, that should help with Sitebuilder's performance.

Lastly, if those suggestions don't help, uninstalling then reinstalling the program should fix any stability issues.

Thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Laura1150

Laura1150

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have a large site also, and have problems with sitebuilder locking up about once a week. I think it's a bug in the program.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

Hi Laura!

Hopefully the tips above help keep your Sitebuilder from locking up on you. The larger a site, the more memory it takes up on your computer, so there can be stability issues -- but keeping auxiliary programs from running in the background and frequent rebooting of the computer should minimize the problems.

Let us know if you're interested in moving to our Sitebuilder Plus program which is all browser based, so instances of program crashing shouldn't occur.

Thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Sandra9724

Sandra9724

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What is the difference between site builder and site builder plus. I don't know which I have
Sandra
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

Hi Sandra -

You have Sitebuilder Desktop (a program you installed on your computer). SItebuilder Plus is completely browser based, and has a lot of new features that is not currently being offered in Sitebuilder Desktop. Sitebuilder Plus does not have a lot of the older elements that Desktop has, but all of the most common elements are available on Plus. Let me know if you are interested in switching.

Thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Cathy6489

Cathy6489

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem with locking up when editing with sitebuilder. I have Win 7. I clean my files every day, I run only sitebuilder when editing, uninstalling and reinstalling sitebuilder does not fix the problem. I can publish only one page at a time so when I switch pages to edit, I usually get a double screen and it freezes. Then I have to shut down and restart sitebuilder. I'm sorry to say that I'm use to it. HOWEVER, today I tried something different. I took the editing more slowly. After saving something I wait 15 sec or so before editing and saving again. after I'm done with a page and all is saved, again, wait 15 sec or so before publishing. wait before switching pages. wait, wait and wait. Not a perfect fix but less frustraiting than shutting down and restarting 6 times. matteltalkers.com
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cathy6489 ,

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for sharing what has help you.

I noticed you're currently using the desktop version of Sitebuilder, would you be interested in trying the online editor (Sitebuilder Plus)?

That may work better for you, let me know if you'd like to try it out.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Cathy6489

Cathy6489

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Ehsan, but I have heard a lot more bad than good about plus. I'll just stick with desktop. Thanks anyway.

Cathy, matteltalkers.com
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cathy6489 ,

No worries, I completely understand your concern - Thanks for the reply!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.