My session keeps timing out every 5minutes. I get this message:" Your session has expired. Log in again. (error15216460703184973

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I get the following message:" Your session has expired. Please Log in again. (error15216460703184973).

This happens when I am in the middle of composing, or sending a message, it doesn't matter what I am doing, and this occurs. I have lost email replies etc. Very frustrating. When I look at the error message record, it says I have no error messages.

Please respond ASAP!! I have a business to run!
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

I am the original writer of this issue. It seemed that things had gotten a "Little" better, until now. My sessions are timing out every 30 sec. to 1 minute. Just when I thought things couldn't be much worse....It DID!! This is to the point of ridiculous, I cannot draft one email, without having to log in repeatedly.
How is it possible that you guys have now made this problem worse?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the time-out issue. Our emails admins continue to work on this and have been pushing out several updates. They are aware of this and are working to resolve it.

Mike
Photo of WHC1666

WHC1666

• 1,622 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
What about the main site timing out when I am working.

The stats timing out while I am working is an absolute pain. This kind of work is complex and I am working between three computers using the data. Also what about the form manager timing out, again this is slow complex work that requires me to leave the page sometimes for a few minutes then only to return to find it has timed out.
Disgraceful
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are not experiencing any short time-out issues on the main website or SiteBuilder. If you are getting kicked of prematurely then there's may be another issue. Can you tell us what kind of internet connection you are using? wifi, satellite, dsl, cable etc?

Mike
Photo of John0701

John0701

• 2,444 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
What happened to all my subfolders?? Today the timing out was much better but I just noticed all my folders that were subfolders I had created under my Inbox are gone. Granted, most of them were empty because all the emails and info. in them never transferred over when the change was made to this terrible email, but I still had one folder consisting of charity info. that I REALLY need for our charity of the year for our business this year. I have logged out and back in again and they are still all missing. Help?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
May I log in to your email and take a look?

Drew
Photo of John0701

John0701

Yes, please do! Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello John0701,

I am following up for Drew. We'll go ahead and take a look at your email account. If you need to log in, to check/use your email, you'll need to change the password again.

Also, I see you have a couple different domains and emails. Which one is the problem with?

Mike
Photo of John0701

John0701

Thanks Mike. Will do. It's the www.firehousemoustachewax.com domain. Email is john@firehousemoustachewax.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Before we log in can you confirm that you are expanding the inbox folder. There are a series of sub-folders as shown on this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

They are not visible until you open the inbox folder.

Mike
Photo of John0701

John0701

Alrighty then. I feel like an idiot. I clicked on the arrow to the right this weekend to see if that might fix it and I also clicked on the arrow to the left and nothing happened. I just clicked on both again and voila! the arrow to the left expanded the Inbox and suddenly showed my folders. Sorry for the trouble! But thanks for the help. Whew. Glad to have that folder back at least!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No problem. Glad I could help!

Mike
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

I am still having timing-out of my session, frequently about every 1-5 minutes.
Seriously.....this problem should have been fixed by now, it's been weeks!!!!
Emily
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Emily2480,

I apologize for any issues you are having with the service. I checked out the settings for emily@secludedgardenestate.com, and it looks like you have the setting for "Reload current view every:" set to "Never". The best result that we have found is to have that set to "5 minutes". Also, I see that you have 4 other email addresses configured, so it is important to note that you should only be logged into one of these email accounts at a time, to ensure the best result. And then the final thing you can try is a complete flush of your system's cache and cookies. It looks like you use Chrome, so here are my instructions for doing that in Chrome:

1) Close out all of your browser tabs and windows (including this one) except for one.
2) In that one open tab, type about:blank in the address bar. This will take you to a blank white page.
3) While on about:blank, go to Settings-> History-> Make sure Cookies and Cache are checked (The other boxes are up to you), then click "Clear Browsing Data"
4) Once that is done, you need to close out of Chrome
5) Restart your computer. While that is restarting, restart your internet router as well. Each of these holds its own set of cache and any corrupt cache can interfere with our products.

I came up with those directions and have had great results with them. They tend to resolve 90% of all issues. Unfortunately, you may still experience some issues with the email service. The developers are aware of these issues and are working diligently to correct them, but if you do the different things listed in here, you will have the best shot at being all but issue free.

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of kim5791

kim5791

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
When attempting to delete items from my iphone, i receive an error stating that messages cannot be moved.
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am going to merge your question into another topic that should help you resolve this issue. Please reference the new topic here: Deleting emails from the iPhone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.