My session keeps timing out every 5minutes. I get this message:" Your session has expired. Log in again. (error15216460703184973

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I get the following message:" Your session has expired. Please Log in again. (error15216460703184973).

This happens when I am in the middle of composing, or sending a message, it doesn't matter what I am doing, and this occurs. I have lost email replies etc. Very frustrating. When I look at the error message record, it says I have no error messages.

Please respond ASAP!! I have a business to run!
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of John0701

John0701

• 2,444 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Not fixed for me yet. Just got kicked off again (several times today), but it's at least not quite as frequent as it has been.
Photo of Beth7976

Beth7976

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am not happy with this new email system at all!! There are premature log out problems, email addresses that no longer show up without having to redo the way they are written, or make a different distribution list; I have an email that doesn't show up the color the type is in on-line, but does on my Iphone.
The new email is not user friendly in my estimation.
Photo of Jeffrey9207

Jeffrey9207

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issue, but it mostly happens on my iPad and not my PC. Overall, the new email is disappointing.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Once again we are sorry for the instability and short time-outs that some of you are experiencing. The most recent update that we have is that our email admins will be pushing out some Java updates and also some additional updates to the actual OX system. Because there are several updates necessary, these will occur over the next week or two. There have already been some changes made so many of you may already be seeing some improvement. We'll update you as more information becomes available.
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You know, this is worst than putting out a Beta program!
You'd think that a company like Homestead would make sure a simple email program would work flawlessly before subjecting their clients to these problems.
Obviously there's no management in place there, nobody to take responsibility for this mess. Nobody to make the right decisions for the company and it's clients.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Alvaro0639, I can understand why you feel this way. The main reason for this migration was due to customer feedback regarding the old system. We take our customers needs very seriously. I know there have been some hiccups along the way but the long term reliability is what we are working toward. This new system is much more promising than the old.

Mike
Photo of John0701

John0701

My email finally seemed to be doing much better today with the timeouts. I hope it continues! Still preferred Zimbra over this email program though.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am glad to hear it is improving. This should be a better platform once we complete the migrations and dial everything in.

Drew
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

The dialing everything part should've been done before you put the program out. We're not beta testers.
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

And I thought the Obamacare website was a mess!
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Here's the email from Mike F. I just got today.
"Hi Alvaro0639, I can understand why you feel this way. The main reason for this migration was due to customer feedback regarding the old system. We take our customers needs very seriously. I know there have been some hiccups along the way but the long term reliability is what we are working toward. This new system is much more promising than the old."

The reason I post it here so you all can read it. It's basic saying that this new email service has really not been tested and finetuned before sending it out into the world and that "It is much more promesing...." Which means nobody is really 100% sure it will ever work right. It just looks like it will.
Isn't this great!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is not the case. Open-Xchange has been around for a long time and is a proven email platform. Unfortunately there are serious challenges when migrating this volume of data, and getting everything dialed in.

Drew
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Well Drew N. if that's the case, maybe it's time you give them a call and ask for help before we all move our businesses to another email provider and web site host.
By the way, Mike F. Zimbra is a great email provider and all was well until you splintered from intuit and all went to h...
Photo of carol4904

carol4904

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Why does Openexchange email session time out WHILE I'M ACTIVELY TYPING AN EMAIL.

Has anyone else experienced this with the new email server? I open an email, hit reply and then start typing my reply. Periodically, WHILE I'M TYPING, I get a pop-up that says my session timed out. I've tried just closing that and continuing to type but no matter what I do, when I try to send my reply email, it won't do it and it will NOT safe a draft either! WHY does this server seem to think that if typing a reply to an email (or composing an email) takes more than a nano-second, it kicks you off-line and you have to log in again (and therefore loose everything you just typed?!!!Grrrr!!! The only solution I have found is to mouse highlight what I have typed (when the first pop-up window telling me my "session has timed out" appears) and then log in again and then hit reply again and paste what I copied to my clipboard back into another attempt to reply/compose an email. This is a royal pain in the butt. I have never used any other email service that times out your session while you are in the middle of actually typing.
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
OK, This bull Sh-- has got t stop! Enough with the problems. I experience the same problem and frankly am totally fed up with Homestead and their email system. Along with this problem, I find mostly in the morning is that I can't log in. I d the sign in and it just hangs up.
Photo of Ron8507

Ron8507

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When is Email going to work? I still can't compose and send an email before it times out..

I still have the problem of trying to send out an email that takes more than a few minutes to compose before email times out. The email gets lost in the process.

I have been told you are working on it... How long is it going to take? I have been forced to start looking for other options.
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

email log in gets hung up after submit.

Most mornings when I try to log in to ANY of my email accounts, it just gets hug up in the log in window after submitting. Sometimes the progress will go to 90% and hang up. It is not an isolated occurrence. It happens almost every day, usually in the am hours.
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

So why is this comment merged with an unrelated topic? The problem I am experiencing is a log on problem. When trying to log in and clicking log on, it does nothing and stays that way. If I try other emails, it does the same thing so I exit and try later.

Now I also have this session expiring problem too.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Peter1354, Can you tell us which web browser you are using (and which version)? And, if you try on a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox, will it let you log in?
Photo of Antioxidant

Antioxidant

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
open-Xchange Server time out setup.

I cannot figure out how to set up the timeout.

Now my email account logs out every other seconds - annoying!
Photo of Joe8337

Joe8337

• 818 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Any update to this issue as of yet? Or did the ball get dropped. My system times out every 10 minutes and has since the start of this new e-mail system. It does time out in the middle of e-mails as others have voiced here--there is nothing worse than composing a well thought out and lengthy e-mail to a client who has asked for information--then you hit send and nothing happens other than the information that you system has timed out and log in again--well-except to find out that it didn't save it as a draft as it was supposed to--
Any additional information on this fix?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Joe... we actually made some progress on this and some other problems this afternoon. I don't know that it's fully resolved but If you still get it frequently I'd appreciate it if you reply back her and let us know so I can send more feedback to the admins.
Photo of Denise8395

Denise8395

• 60 Points
Just wanted to weigh in on the change over to OX email. Seems like a lot of options for handling mail, contacts, etc. were lost. Perhaps, I am just not quite familiar yet; but simply put, I don't like it. Biggest gripe I have is sessions being timed out. How can I get through my work day efficiently if I have to log into email every time I turn around. This change was supposed to be better than what we had? Seems to me it is just another way for Homestead to stick it to their customers. Booooooo Homestead!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Denise8395, Sorry about the timeout issue. As I mentioned above some progress is being made on this. There are several things that have changed in the new system but it still does have most of the same features and several new things. If there's something specific you can't find or figure out, let us know.
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am the original writer of this issue. To date, there is absolutely no improvement with this problem. My time outs are anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes. It is very difficult to conduct business with issues like this. I am so disappointed in Homestead, and I will definitely be moving on, if I can ever get through the support phone line.

Emily
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Emily2480, I am very sorry about this experience. I understand your feelings and apologize for the recent long hold times for phone support. If you are having trouble getting through, feel free to post your question here and we'll do our best to help you out.

Mike
Photo of Letitia6213

Letitia6213

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also VERY frustrated! Came here for help and I discover so many people with the same issues.
Photo of Joe8337

Joe8337

• 818 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So-it has been 20 days since the first post on this issue-which is still happening--homestead still can't fix this issue after 20 days time????
Photo of Melissa2842

Melissa2842

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yep. Agree with Joe8337. Why is this still happening 20 days after you were first notified of the issue?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Sorry about the time-out issue. We have actually made some progress but we realize there is more work to do. I've been informed that there are several server updates, java, and even OX updates that are occurring over the next week or two, and expected to resolve these problems.
Photo of Kristin3479

Kristin3479

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am experiencing the same problem and am very much looking forward to seeing it resolved. It's very difficult to conduct business this way.
Photo of Tim1467

Tim1467

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I posted with this same problem a month or so ago. A couple weeks back, the situation seemed to have improved. Now I'm back to getting timeouts every 20 minutes or so. Fortunately, I don't have to use email all that often, but I still monitor it every day. And the server often doesn't connect for extended periods of time. Especially from my smartphone. Not good folks.

BTW....did you guys have anything to do with the Obamacare rollout? Just sayin'.
Photo of WHC1666

WHC1666

• 1,622 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My biggest problem at the moment is the main website is timing out especially on Statistics and form manager.

When I am using these features I need time as there is a lot of work involved between office computers and internet. It keeps timing out and I loose the pages I am working on.

A real pain in the *****
Photo of WHC1666

WHC1666

I think since Intuit took control they are just trying to be too clever and do not have sufficient knowledge of customer needs
Photo of WHC1666

WHC1666

Only interested in money in their own bank account and total disregard for us....I am really disappointed in this, we have been with homestead for almost 14 years now but seriously thinking of leaving
Photo of WHC1666

WHC1666

Other big problem is new....using sitebuilder if you don't save very frequently the software crashes and all work is lost.

Rant over
Photo of John0701

John0701

I have been having trouble all this week again too. It appeared to be doing better (finally) and wasn't timing out quite as often but is now back to square one it seems. There have been many times that I could not even get on email at all this week. I cannot even believe this has been going on since October. Why were things somewhat better and now back to being all screwed up again? It's incomprehensible how many issues there have been.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the instability and issues you all have been experiencing. Over the last several weeks we have been making considerable progress with the short timeouts and some of the other errors with the email service. We realize this is still not perfect but we continue to work on the system. There have been several updates that we have been pushing out over the last couple weeks but they can not all be done in a single days as there is much QA testing between patches and updates.
Our email admins are diligently working on the system and doing their best provide a stable and reliable system.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.