My session keeps timing out every 5minutes. I get this message:" Your session has expired. Log in again. (error15216460703184973

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I get the following message:" Your session has expired. Please Log in again. (error15216460703184973).

This happens when I am in the middle of composing, or sending a message, it doesn't matter what I am doing, and this occurs. I have lost email replies etc. Very frustrating. When I look at the error message record, it says I have no error messages.

Please respond ASAP!! I have a business to run!
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Patrick2616

Patrick2616

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ditto Emily... I attempted to look for settings to bump the time up to no avail.??
Photo of jim2981

jim2981

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Terrible online help service, We'er paying for this?
Called help desk, WHEN I finally found the phone number.
I was on hold for almost an hour, finally hung up.
Photo of Beth6942

Beth6942

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Totally frustrating, I have this problem too. Cannot find help online and everyone else is calling. Please answer here so I stop losing important documents!
Photo of Monique7138

Monique7138

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The same thing is happening to me. It's driving me crazy!!!!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I responded to you in another topic. Please keep 1 issue to 1 topic. It is far more efficient to us to respond to you.

Thanks
Drew
Photo of Angela8861

Angela8861

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's driving me crazy.
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

I thought that the support people were supposed to be following these on line sited issues. Wondering why, there is no response from them.
I'm sure they are super busy, with the multitude of issues, but this one is a major problem.
Am I wrong about this?
Thanks,
Emily
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hello, we are seeing this with a small percentage of accounts and are working to resolve the issue. We appreciate your reporting it and also your patience while we address it.

Drew
Photo of jim2981

jim2981

Why was this not FIXED before the change over.? WERE IS YOUR Q/A DEPARTMENT?
EXCUSES ARE NOT ENOUGH!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It was not experienced by Q/A. This is an issue that is being experienced by a relatively small group. We are trying to track down the cause and resolve it. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Drew
Photo of WHC1666

WHC1666

• 1,622 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am having timeout problems while working on the websites. My work is complex and I need to refer away to other sites and other areas. Whenever I return the page has timed out.

This is not good enough.

I have been with homestead since 2000 and lived through all the various annoying development stages but this is now so bad it is driving me to look into other companies to build and host my business.

Please do something urgently to sort this out

Ian
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the inconvenience. The short timeout issue is being worked on. I've been told by our email admins that there are numerous updates occurring over several weeks to address this problem and some of the other error messages. The only alternative that I have at this time would be to configure an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

Mike
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it is a non-specific one. I would like some time frames, as to how long you think it will take to find a solution, and how will we be notified and provided with the correction. You think only a few people have this problem, so does that mean it is low priority?
Trying to wade through the list of issues with this email program is tedious, and people just give up.

I look forward to receiving a more specific response.

Thank you,
Emily
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Emily, I understand and unfortunately I can't give you a specific time frame. It is not a low priority, but it is lower than completing the migration, which is a contractual obligation. We will be posting in the community when we have identified the cause and fixed it. I am also sorry, I forgot to post a picture here, that might help a bit, though it isn't a fix.

Drew
Photo of John0701

John0701

• 2,444 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I have my settings on this too. Didn't help. In fact the timing out keeps getting worse. Are you saying having it set to 5 minutes is the best option? That's what I have it on.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

That setting may help, but our email admins are still doing some work to prevent the short time-outs. It may help to use a 3rd party email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird also.
Photo of H. James2288

H. James2288

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well, as of today (2/7/14) the timing out issue is not resolved. Furthermore, the picture above feature is no where to be found in any of my menu drop downs. So, how do I even set it to any minute mode if it is not displayed????
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes.. they are still working on the time out feature. Can you clarify your other two comments.. I'm not sure what you mean by, "picture above feature" and "minute mode" ?
Photo of H. James2288

H. James2288

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's the screen shot that your company provided regarding the settings for minute options for the timing page. It's the screen shot above this written/typed comment, Drew N. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

H. James2288

If you click the preferences icon (looks like a gear wheel), then the Options link on the left, you should see the setting. If it's not appearing there, let me know which web browser and version you are using. I've seen a few rare cases where some browsers don't display the tool bar with the preferences icon. Try Firefox if you have not. Let me know if you still can't find it, or include a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end.

Thanks!
Mike
Photo of EMILY2480

EMILY2480

Hello Drew,

You are right this is not a fix...I have already tried that.

Emily
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Drew
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, thanks. I will check it out.
Photo of jim2981

jim2981

I've quoted you on this:

"It is not a low priority, but it is lower than completing the migration, which is a contractual obligation. We will be posting in the community when we have identified the cause and fixed it."

Your company has a "Contractual Obligation" to US, your customers.

Your so called fix does not work!

How can you expect to run a business AFTER we take our business elsewhere?

PLEASE fix this mess!!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We realize the level of frustration that this is causing many of you. Our email admins really are working to resolve the issues that are occurring as quickly as possible.
Photo of Christine6075

Christine6075

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem as well. While trying to figure out how to use the damn thing, I have to constantly sign in. OMG
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are very sorry for the frustration caused by the login/timout issue. Our email admins are working on a resolution but I don't have an ETA at this time.

Mike
Photo of Sandra7587

Sandra7587

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You are not loosing your mind and you are not alone...alas, I always think its just me....but here I am posting on multiple problem lists...
here is my posting...
Has everyone else thought the new open x email has little to be desired? I get errors, messages that I am timed out (1 min after logging on)...system outages...if they are getting a deal on this, they need to get their money back. I may have to start migrating my email somewhere else.

PLEASE go back to Zimbra..if you are saving money homestead, you will make it up on IT fix its....this is prompting allot of us to have to make changes because we are having to, not because we want to...
Photo of Dan4816

Dan4816

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This has caused my "reply'' to go to a different recipient! Try to explain that to your clients!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello Dan4816, This sounds like a non-related issue, If you would like can you please create a new post and include the details of what happened? The more details you can include the better, ie. email client, web browser etc, address sending from, any error messages etc.

Mike
Photo of Beth6942

Beth6942

Now I'm not even allowed to be logged in for a few minutes before this happens. I literally logged in and clicked to open the first email and got kicked out. Enough people have written about this for it to be more than a localized problem. Please fix asap.
Photo of Mary Jo6251

Mary Jo6251

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I too am continuously getting timed out and this is not acceptable. Please tell me why and/or how to eliminate this problem. Seems to me there was not sufficient testing on your change.over and I am hoping you will be giving all of us monetary credit towards our statements for this inconvenience. I am sure everyone of us relies on our emails to continue to give our cleints/residents quick answers and information.
I also tried calling but was told there was a high useage and a long wait...little did I know that the wait was well over an hour and still no contact...I too hung up completely frustrated. Please fix this issue asap..
Photo of John0701

John0701

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Email continually keeps logging me off.

The new email CONTINUALLY keeps logging me off. I can literally log right back in and within 10 seconds or less it will log me back off. We have an online business where I need to stay connected thru email all day and night and do not have time to continually have to keep logging back in, only for it to knock me back off again! Not to mention how many emails I've started to customers and lose because it bumps me off while in the middle of writing. So I start all over again...for it to bump me back off again! This new email has been nothing but trouble from the get-go. Wish you would've stayed with Zimbra! PLEASE look into this and get it fixed. Not only did you lose all our emails and nothing has been done to recover them, but now I can't even write a single email without it taking multiple times. This whole email fiasco has caused us so much headache, time, issues and business!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
We are very sorry for the problem causing some users email account to log them off prematurely. This issue has been escalated and we've been informed that there will be some software upgrades occurring in an effort to fix this. I do not yet have an ETA, but our email admins are diligently working on this issue and trying to get it resolved.

Mike
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You know, Mike, email services have been around since the internet was created, almost. It's nothing new and there are thousands of providers with excellent and sophisticated services.
Why can't you provide equal level of service? Better yet, why don't you contact my local email provider PenTeleData, a small company that has everything running smoothly, maybe they can help you out of your misery. Here's their address, ptd.net.
Photo of kim5791

kim5791

All of my sentiments expressed...time out, error, email stuck in the outbox or unknown delivery, system outage, unknown?...as each of us struggles to maintain credibility with our clients through this extremely lengthy process, randomly for over a year now?, the big boys seem to have little consideration for theirs...have prepaid 2 years email and hosting...what now!!!

No ETA, no fix...shooting the messengers...within your org, escalating isn't prompting resolve...to the top...skip level, do something!!! I know the drill...some VP is sitting in his office saying the numbers look good...the shareholder or the customer...hmmm! Go sell what you have Homestead team.

Kim
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello kim5791, I completely understand your frustration, but I can assure you that what you have described is not the case. Our upper level management is very aware of the issues that are going on, and all relevant staff members are working diligently to complete the email transition get get the new system working properly. One of the most asked for requests over the last several years, has been a new email platform. Now that we are no longer under the umbrella of Intuit we have been able to initiate several changes that are long past due. Unfortunately when there is a major migration such as this, there will be unknown complications that occur along the way. We will continue to work toward a resolution as quickly as possible.

Mike
Photo of John0701

John0701

The only issue I had with Zimbra was that it did not allow us enough storage. Other than that, it worked great....certainly infinitely better than this new Open Xchange Service. The Search function worked wonderfully (this new emails search function is almost useless) and I didn't have to go to a different folder in order to be able to access the Inbox folder again. For instance, if you try and do a Search you can't just click on the Inbox folder to be able to go back to the Inbox. I have to click on the Sent Folder or some other folder first, then I can click on Inbox to go back to it. Everything about this email is convoluted.

So now we've got a totally unreliable email that I cannot even conduct business on because I am knocked off every few seconds, AND the new email does not even have any more storage than Zimbra! How do you go to a whole new email program and not even offer more storage, the main complaint with Zimbra! I would set everything up in gmail or another reliable email program, but I have employees that also need to access all the emails. So we are forced to use this awful email so that all of us can see all the emails and not have them be downloaded to just one email account.
This is not just a few of us experiencing this. I have a feeling it is a lot larger than you know. People have just given up on trying to get help since it seems nothing is ever resolved or followed up on. I know it's not your fault Mike and you're trying to address all the complaints, but this whole migration goes way beyond "some unknown complications that occur along the way." We have not been able to reliably conduct business since October!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

John0701, I'm sorry you are not happy with the new system, and I'm glad that you were happy with the old Zimbra system, however, most of our customers that have been around for any length of time have been greatly troubled with the stability of the old system going down frequently, massive blacklist problems that cause major email delivery issues which took weeks/months to resolve. We have indeed been undergoing some massive transitions under our new ownership and they are addressing some of the biggest issues and complaints that we've had over the years. Overhauling the email system was one of the most requested things. Unfortunately the process is far more complicated that what most people could imagine and it does take time. Once we have all accounts migrated to the new system and everything is finally completed, I am very confident that everyone will find this new system much more reliable.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

John0701, I'm sorry you are not happy with the new system, and I'm glad that you were happy with the old Zimbra system, however, most of our customers that have been around for any length of time have been greatly troubled with the stability of the old system going down frequently, massive blacklist problems that cause major email delivery issues which took weeks/months to resolve. We have indeed been undergoing some massive transitions under our new ownership and they are addressing some of the biggest issues and complaints that we've had over the years. Overhauling the email system was one of the most requested things. Unfortunately the process is far more complicated that what most people could imagine and it does take time. Once we have all accounts migrated to the new system and everything is finally completed, I am very confident that everyone will find this new system much more reliable.

Mike
Photo of Tim1467

Tim1467

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've been having the same issue since the changeover.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are very sorry for the frustration caused by the login/timout issue. Our email admins are working on a resolution but I don't have an ETA at this time.

Mike
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Come on Mike. Is this the best you can do?
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
i just spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with one of your cust svc reps. all they can do is say clear your cookies or it must be your Norton AV?! The platform kicks me off either instantly or within 90 seconds and has been happening for about 2 days. Why is this happening? and Why is it no one can give us a straight answer?! Not acceptable.

It would also help a lot if you folks would have correct information when we call so we don't waste time talking about it. I called Dotster and they knew about the issue. Why is it when you call on the phone no one does?! Makes no sense.
Photo of Kathy Wildman

Kathy Wildman

• 3,278 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Please fix this problem now. Why convert more accounts before this problem is fixed. I am sure all the unconverted accounts would prefer to keep a system that is working than to be converted and experience this inefficiency and waste their time with the rest of us.
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Good old Mike F.
That non-answer is the same one he posted when we had all the problems with the previous email provider.
It looks like Homestead has lost its edge. It use to provide a great service, was dependable and very friendly to their clients.
Just another example of a universal malady. Sell a service, accept no responsibility.
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I'm almost ready to find another provider....

The mail system shuts down even as I'm typing an email. When I try to send an email, the screen grays out and nothing else happens. The blurb above the chat pop up doesn't seem to reflect the reality that is listed. One of my users just transferred his mail to another provider. HELP!
Photo of Patrick2616

Patrick2616

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Open a gmail account in your business name like I did (companyname@gmail.com) and have your Homestead mail forwarded to the gmail account while they attempt to fix this issue. Save yourself the headache...
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Dare I say it, things seem to be doing pretty well this morning...
Photo of John0701

John0701

I have been having better luck with it today too. I am afraid to get my hopes up but at least it is working better at the moment! Keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally conduct business again...
Photo of John0701

John0701

Well, too good to be true. Just timed me out again right after I started an email.
Photo of Beth6942

Beth6942

This seems to be fixed - thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.