My online store failed the PCI complaince scan. What can I do to correct this?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I don't have storefront - I just have the add on to my website. I recently had to run the PCI compliance scan and it failed. I don't want to be charged extra and I also want to make sure my customers are safe when purchasing items from our online store.
Photo of Leslie4862

Leslie4862

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you know what the reason is that it failed? One thing to be aware of is if they were scanning your site http://www.shoelabworld.com/ It likely would not pass as it's not a secured site, but when you have the Simplestore add-on and a customer ads an item to the card to checkout, the checkout process directs to a different secure url as shown here:

This is a secure PCI compliant page. If they can give you a specific reason for the fail we may be able to provide more information.
Photo of Leslie4862

Leslie4862

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can send you a copy of the report they generated that details the "failure."
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thank you.  We are reviewing this.

Drew
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Leslie4862,   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. We were able to confirm that the report is showing false positives. Our systems do not run the JRun application and are PCI compliant.

Mike
Photo of BFCAkers

BFCAkers

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also having problems with PCI Compliance.  Can you review a scan I was sent from our credit card processor? www.bakerfarmcenter.com. Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning Chris0455,

There doesn't appear to be a store on your site.  Who sent you a PCI failure?

Drew
Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

• 1,446 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Hi,

I keep getting e-mails from Intuit Payment Solutions (my merchant services provider) instructing me to complete PCI DSS Compliance through ControlScan.

I logged into ControlScan and it is asking for my "Payment Application Information." 

I entered Bigcommerce in the vendor box, but it also asks for Application Name and Version.  I have looked for this information but can't find it.

Do you have the Application Name and Version for Bigcommerce?

Thanks,

Leslie Smith

CrimeTech, Inc.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Leslie0014,  I'm checking with Bigcommerce on this. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Leslie0014,   I just confirmed with Bigcommerce:

Bigcommerce would be the name? Version is 7.6

Mike

Photo of Leslie0014

Leslie0014

• 1,446 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the information, Mike. (BTW, this PCI questionnaire is a total nightmare.)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your welcome. 

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.