My login page has been stuck on "Initilaization 90%" for days!!.Refreshing the page doesn't help, starting over doesn't help. HELP!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I don't want to give anything a title or look thru other peolpes issues - I want to get to my email!!!!!!
My login page has been stuck on "Initilaization 90%" for days!!.Refreshing the page doesn't help, starting over doesn't help. HELP!!! Same issue exists on my phone!!!
There is NO smiley face that expresses "how this Makes me feel"%$#@%$^*((&^%
Photo of MARIE9837

MARIE9837

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi MARIE9837,

How are you trying to access the page? Are you using the Webmail link at the top of www.homestead.com?

If that's the link you are using, and it's not loading, then just clear your browser cache, shut down the browser, then log in and try again.

Let me know if that does not work, and what you are seeing on your end.

Mike
Photo of MARIE9837

MARIE9837

yes, that is the link i used. cleared the cache, shut down the browser, restarted my laptop, same thing - Initialization 90% & a spinning progress indicator.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you try a different browser such as Firefox so we can tell if it's browser specific or some other connection issue.

Also, on occasion they type of internet you are on can cause authentication problems. Are you on cable, dsl, satellite, wifi etc?

Mike
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I use Firefox and I can tell you this email program is plain old garbage.
I experience long delays from log in til I see the actual email page then right now can't even open the emails!
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

Mike, what difference does it make what browser or internet service you use?
Are you saying that someone did not think out how this program should work with different protocols?
Sorry Marie for cutting in, just wanted to speak my peace as I have on may occasions here and nothing seems to help.
Photo of MARIE9837

MARIE9837

Peter 1354 I'm glad u spoke up - lets them know I'm not alone.
Photo of MARIE9837

MARIE9837

I have chrome & IE - same problem on both. I cannot believe that I have to download firefox to get to my email! Cricket is my internet provider.
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

They deleted my post because they said it violated policy. What is not professional is the way Homestead is handling this whole email problem. Why is it that they want us to air our laundry is through community? The live phone call is a joke because if you are like me, you don;t have 3 hours to be on hold. The chat i the biggest joke because these people are bot trained on solving these problems, but just there to attempt to be a bumper. They tell you you need to talk to the next tier. and it starts all over again. Why not provide case tickets and handle each one personally until they are satisfied? This community thing just allows everyone to post their problems and there is nobody there that takes care of these problems. Mine are still there despite posting several times over the last several months.
BUMPS IN THE ROAD they say. No, not bumps. Very serious problems that frankly I don't think they can rectify. Probably will delete this too because they don't like to see the truth posted.
Sorry for your problems Marie.
Photo of Jewel5203

Jewel5203

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem. :(
Photo of Kinnikinnick

Kinnikinnick

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Exactly same thing I have happening right now.

Your program is terrible. Please fire somebody for this garbage. I cannot login. I cannot send emails when I do login. Storage is already at max capacity... I was told that I would be able to run a business email account. This is an absolute joke. 10 years from now homestead will be in the dump and nobody will every remember this joke of a company.

Thank you for the worst service ever!!! I guess I have to go back to gmail... FREE and 100 times better.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you are having a problem with the 90% initialization, please go to your browser add-ons and list which ones you have installed. Occasionally these can cause this problem,

Drew
Photo of Peter1354

Peter1354

Drew, is this the best you can come up with? Wow what a problem solver.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Peter, I understand you are frustrated. I removed just one of your earlier posts as it contained language some would find offensive. And yes, this is the most likely reason that this is occurring as I have seen it before. If you will give me permission, I will log into your email and see if I experience the same problem you are.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.