My document doesn't center when the screen size is smaller.

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My website is nice and centered when I design it on my computer. When I look at it on another computer and the screen size is smaller, it gets cut off on the right side rather than adjusting to the smaller screen size. How can I make the site "shrink to fit" when the screen page size is smaller?
Photo of Jennifer5121

Jennifer5121

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which page are you working on? And what size screen are you talking?

Drew
Photo of Jennifer5121

Jennifer5121

http://craftshowbooklet.homestead.com...

It's a test page, not on my actual site yet. When I view it as I'm working on it, it's centered. When I open it in Internet Explorer, it's cut off on the right. Is there a "shrink to fit" option for when you change the size of the page you are looking at (by that I mean nothing more than putting your cursor in the top right corner of the page, clicking and holding and pulling the page smaller). Below is an example of what I'm talking about. This is my friend's website. When it opens anywhere, there are 1/4" page margins and as you pull the page bigger or smaller, the margins stay at 1/4". Can I do this?

http://northcoastpromo.com/
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Our pages are a fixed width at this time. The site should stay centered until the window is reduced to the width or your site. Unfortunately, Sitebuilder is not yet able to do what your friend's site does.
Photo of Jennifer5121

Jennifer5121

Oh, and as for the screen size, I don't think that matters with my question. My question is how do I make it stay centered with the same margins on ANY screen size. Thanks.
Photo of Jennifer5121

Jennifer5121

And one more thing (sorry). Why are there lines above and below my top left picture where it doesn't meet the object next to it or below it when I view it on internet explorer, but not when I preview the test page on AOL?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I do not see any lines in Internet Explorer. Can you get a screen shot?

Drew
Photo of Jennifer5121

Jennifer5121

The top layer is how it opens in AOL. The bottom is how it opens in Internet Explorer. There are lines in one. I'll move the images closer together and see if it helps. I just don't know why it looks fine in one and shifts over in the other.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is odd. Here is what the banner looks like in my Internet Explorer. No lines

Photo of Jennifer5121

Jennifer5121

Good to know. Thanks for all of your help with my problems. I'm getting to know Homestead online better. I'll call support during the week or open an online chat to figure out why my Homestead desktop version isn't working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 3 times and still no-go. Thanks for your help!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You are welcome.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.