My account was converted to the new platform and now my email folders are missing. Where are they?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

1. To locate your migrated email folders, first click the mail icon and arrow as shown in the first image below.

2. Next, click the small arrow next to the Inbox to expand the folders.

3. You will then see a list of the migrated email folders.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Johnna0642

Johnna0642

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My original folders are not there in my email address. All our other emails migrated perfectly it was just mine that didn't. I really need my folders for information that I saved. Could you please try and remigrate my folders. My email address is johnna@oregonrainsoap.com

The above email is the only one out of 5 that didn't get migrated correctly. Thank you in advance for your immediate attention.

-Johnna
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Johnna0642,

We just finished working on your account. You should now see all the same email folders in the new system.

There is a chance you'll be prompted to reset you password, but you can go ahead and log in and see the emails now.

Mike
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

• 996 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
can you fix mentonearts@mentone.com also? ... folders not showing.
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

• 996 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Followed the instructions above, but don't see any of my folders. Address is mentonearts@mentone.com.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you give me permission, I can log in to both emails and see if I can get them moved over. Do you just need email folders?

Drew
Photo of JOSEPH5436

JOSEPH5436

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thought I'd mention, the email from homestead letting me know that my email has been upgraded, is going into my spam folders on all of my accounts.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks.
Photo of Joseph2586

Joseph2586

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Older Emails.

Ok, I have a question and I apologize if it's been covered once already. But I'm missing some very important emails dating back to January 1, 2013. Right now my old emails stop at October 12, 2013. I need the FULL year of 2013. How can I find those OLD emails from my INBOX?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Joseph2586, Sometimes people don't see the small arrow that expands the email folders open. See image above. Make sure you expand all the folders to see if you can find the emails.

Mike
Photo of Lynette5883

Lynette5883

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am using IMAP on my Outlook 2013.
Here is the view of my folders in Outlook.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you log in using the Webmail link at the top of www.homestead.com, do you see the email when using the webclient? If they emails are visible in the Webclient, then there may be a syncing/configuration problem.

Mike
Photo of Lynette5883

Lynette5883

I don't see any other folders in the web client. Can you log onto my account to see if you can see it?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes, we can do that. I'll also need to know if you have any other devices configured; smart phones, tablets, other computers etc and if they have POP or IMAP configurations.
Photo of Lynette5883

Lynette5883

I have an iPhone configured as IMAP, I haven't done my ipad yet.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lynette5883, There may be a couple different things going on here. We were able to log in and look at the webmail account. There was only one subfolder in the inbox called "new folder". I think there is a configuration problem with outlook. If it's configured correctly with the IMAP settings, you would see the same folders in Outlook, as in the Webmail. You may want to double check the configuration. If you are using Outlook 2013, here are instructions.
https://community.homestead.com/homes...

As far as the emails, that you said are missing. Can you tell me what folder, or where they were stored? If they don't show up in the Webmail client, then something pulled them off the server. Did you ever, even for a moment, have a POP account configured? A POP account would be the most likely thing that would remove the emails from the server.

Mike
Photo of Mark2432

Mark2432

My folders did not transfer over which includes lead informatoin for our business. can we get this information back so we can contact our leads
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Mark2432, If you click/expand the inbox like shown in the instructions above, you'll see that all of your folders have transferred over.
Photo of Mark2432

Mark2432

I did that the folders are not there. I had folders for clients, banking and credit card processing and several others that are not there.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Here is a screenshot of both accounts. The account we migrated from on the left, and the new one on the right. As you can see they mirror each other.

Are you expanding all the sub-folders?
Photo of Janine6829

Janine6829

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Email folders missing.

As of this morning personal folders are missing from my email.  It looks like it has defaulted back to previous settings.  Has there been an upgrade overnight and how do I get these folders back?  I haven't renamed, deleted or moved them
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If your account was converted to the new system, you'll find your migrated email folders withing the Inbox as sub-folders. See images above.  If you still have problems let us know the specific email address.

Mike
Photo of Pamela2571

Pamela2571

i have 1605 emails in Open xchange but only 125 came over when Outlook e-mail was set up.

My computer was recently repaired. Dell installed a new OS.  I reinstalled applications and set up e-mail using Outlook 2010.  Open Xchange says I have 1605 emails but only 125 are accessible (even in Open Xchange).  I need all of them.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Pamela2571,  When you log into your email, be sure to  check the Inbox subfolders as shown in this thread.  If you still have problems let us know.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.