My website isn't displaying; instead there's just a 403 error and a link to http://www.liveinternet.ru/click

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

NSLOOKUP appears to be correct, my NS's are all accurate, and the index (home) in the sitebuilder previews fine, but the live version is a 403 error and a link to a russian site counter. I have zero traffic.

I will be taking my business elsewhere if no one can fix this immediately.
Photo of Deborah3233

Deborah3233

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • furious

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Deborah3233

Deborah3233

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
site in question: ezpiecing.com / www.ezpiecing.com

I've changed from website045 to website008 (my babyshirtexpress.com site works fine on website008), with nothing else to report.

Also, when I go to a DNS and lookup ezpiecing.com I get 5.45.64.66, but when I lookup babyshirtexpress.com I get 216.40.47.17. I should be getting 216.40.47.17 for ezpiecing.com - which is what it's set to in my settings.

The NSLOOKUP for ezpiecing shows Homestead as authoritative. Why is the NS giving the wrong IP?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,948 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello, 

I can see you called in about this issue earlier today and the representative helped you set your nameservers back to Homestead since you weren't sure when you were going to be able to access your Cloudflare account. Nameserver changes do take time to propagate, unfortunately. I understand Brad advised to give it 24-48 hours.  I do understand that waiting is frustrating, especially since your website is down in the meantime, but we will need to give it at least 24 hours. The nameservers and DNS are all set properly on our end. Your site is showing up properly when I look at it on a proxy site, which lets me know it is just propagation.

One suggestion I have, instead of going back to Cloudflare for an SSL, would be to use our newer program, Website Builder. We are able to offer auto-SSLs through those websites and it would be a great opportunity to revamp and refresh your website. Website Builder has modern features like being mobile friendly/responsive, having save history, more social media options, better image gallery options, and much more. You would need to rebuild your site in this new builder, but your current site could be up and running until you have the new one ready to publish. Then, you wouldn't have to deal with more than one account to have a secure website and we would maintain control over your nameservers and DNS to prevent an issue like this from occurring in the future. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.