My website is down

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving for 7 days of inactivity

timberlinetrainshop.com is down as reported by my customers and verified by me.
Photo of Pam9697

Pam9697

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Your domain is not registered with Homestead, isn't pointing to Homestead nameservers, and doesn't have any DNS from what I can see. If this domain was pointing to Homestead in any way, it must have been URL pointing to your site name. This is not a recommended method of pointing and it was probably pointing to outdated information. I can provide you with either the nameservers or DNS to point your domain properly. If you use 3rd party email, DNS would be the best option. Otherwise, nameservers is the easiest option. Please let me know what method works best for you.
Photo of Pam9697

Pam9697

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We have used Homestead as our web provider for years so why is this just happening now?  We use Microsoft Office 365 as our email provider.  What method would you suggest and how would we implement it? 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is most likely because you were pointing to your site in a way that is not recommended, by the site name. I can't say for sure, because this would be done through your domain registrar, but your domain is most likely pointing to an Intuit site name. We haven't been associated with intuit for about 7 years. Recently, it seems, Intuit finally severed the connection for any sites still pointing to those site names.
If you use email through Microsoft, then the best method would be to use DNS:

1. A Record:   @       Points to:    108.167.135.108

2. CNAME:      *       Points to:    websites015.homestead.com

3. CNAME:     www      Points to:    websites015.homestead.com

and if you use DudaMobile:

4. CNAME:      m       Points to:    mobile.dudamobile.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.