my website in NOT recording visitors to Invisibleminnowrig.net

• Problem
  • Updated 7 days ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

my website is not recording visitors: Invisibleminnowrig.net
Photo of Don1182

Don1182

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,296 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We were experiencing an issue, which we were able to
resolve, where the "View Stats" button wasn't redirecting to the proper
URL and https visits weren't tracking. With those updates, it seems that
there is now an issue with the stats on non-secure sites.
If you follow the process to secure your domains through Cloudflare, your stats would start functioning:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https

We will continue to troubleshoot this on our end.

My other suggestion would be to use a free program like Google Analytics,
which is a more advanced and more updated tracker than is available in
Sitebuilder Plus.
Photo of Doniqua3225

Doniqua3225

• 606 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is disappointing. Those who are paying for a your service should not have to jump through hoops to get the service we pay for. I followed the link, and it says do not use if you are not homestead plus user. I don't even know. I am not a techy person that is why I signed up with homestead, so someone like me could create a nice site with little knowledge. Now I am supposed to figure this all out if I want to see my stats. Another feature I pay for, that is no longer working? And not secure? 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,296 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The instructions I provided for you have been recommended since last August to secure your sites. It is becoming increasingly important to have a secure site, but the builder you are on is an older builder. It is not compatible enough to allow us to provide an SSL on our end. We are working on resolving this issue with the stats, but if you want a more immediate fix, securing your site will help.
If you are having trouble following the instructions, you can absolutely call and have one of our web advisors walk you through this process.
Photo of Doniqua3225

Doniqua3225

But...it says I can NOT do the security thing if I am on the older sitebuilder which I am. I do not wish to switch to the PLUS as it will require me to move my entire site. So what am I supposed to do otherwise?
Photo of Doniqua3225

Doniqua3225

Also as a user, I have not received any notices on this topic in an email ect...so this is not something I was made aware of until it has not worked now. 
Photo of Doniqua3225

Doniqua3225

I tried to do the google one, it also says I must be homestead PLUS to use. I do not wish to transfer my site to the new one though. I like the old verision and my site is HUGE. I am unable to figure out the homestead plus. Its to hard. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.