My website has disappeared!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

My website has virtually disappeared. It used to have a a top-ten search ranking on Google, Yahoo, etc. But now it doesn't even show up at all. I'm in the busiest time of the year for my industry and this is very frustrating! It seems related to the extensive variety of problems Homestead has been having recently with email service shutdown, malware, attacks, etc. I am ready to find another provider that is reliable if I don't get relief!
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dave0600,

I am going to have someone from our SEO team contact you concerning this.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Dave0600,

The SEO department as me to communicate this to you.  There are some fluctuations going on as Google has been incrementally rolling out algorithm changes.  Fluctuations are expected when Google updates.  If you have further questions concerning this, please email support@seogears.com and they can give you some more information.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Colin0010

Colin0010

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had this happen too. The solution for me was to verify the "WhoIs" information in the domain name profile. This is a new requirement that was mandated earlier this year.  Once I made the change (my profile data was actually several years out of date!), the website was fully functional again.

Good luck!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Colin0010,

Yours was something of a different problem, but thanks.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Drew, 
Thanks for the feedback. When and how will I be contacted regarding this? 
It's quite alarming for my business to see my rankings drop from first page to non-existence. I'm sure you understand, right? Speed of service is vital. Please help expedite this matter. Thank you. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I do understand.  I posted above that the SEO team has requested that you email them at support@seogears.com if you have further questions.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

I haven't heard from the SEO team. I emailed them and there's been no response. The explanation regarding the "Google algorithm change" isn't valid as my site doesn't show up on Yahoo, Bing, Safari whereas priorly my company had first page rankings on all these search engines. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They will get back to you, but I just did a search for one of your keywords, Minneapolis chimney sweep.  You were on page 6 in Google, Page 1 on Yahoo, and page 2 on Bing in my results. The SEO team will be better able to analyze this for you.  I am sorry they haven't gotten back to you yet, but they will.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Thanks Drew,
I appreciate your followup. Yes, I need the SEO team to analyze this and optimize. 
Your search showed better results than mine but neither search outcome is viable for my business in terms of a website and SEO that gets actual results. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Drew, 
Still no call from the SEO team. Can you follow up and make sure this happens?
We're a business in a very competitive environment and this is the busiest time of the year for this industry so every hour that my ranking is off the top search page costs me money. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Will do.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Thanks for following up. 
Question: What is your SEO team hours of operation? 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome.

The hours used to be limited to Monday-Friday, but our design and SEO teams have consolidated in a different office.  I do not know if those hours have changed. I have already sent your request for contact to the right people, and they will contact you as soon as possible.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Thanks for checking. Could you find out what their hours of operation are and let me know? Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am working on it.  I will let you know as soon as I can.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Drew, 
Hmmmm......maybe I'm confusing you. 
Can you tell me when the SEO Team hours of operation are?
I'm not sure why this question would take hours to answer. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Dave0600,

I am not sure what the hours are at this time.  They have always been Monday-Friday, normal business hours in the Mountain time zone.  Since I am no longer in the same office, I am trying to connect with someone that can tell me if this has changed.  Either I am not reaching the right people or the hours have not changed, and SEO is open during normal business hours, but I will continue to see if I can get in touch with someone prior to Monday to give you more details.

I would proceed as if the hours have not changed and expect contact Monday, but if I can I will get someone before that.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

More info for you: The search result info you provided earlier is inaccurate, we are not on page 6 of a Google search engine search. What you're looking at is the duda mobile website search result for our company, not the Homestead sponsored one. 
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

I find it disconcerting that you can't actually verify when this office is open. I'm not at all confident when you communicate that I should expect contact Monday. My email was marked "URGENT" on Friday and this was never responded to. I'm questioning your company's willingness & capability to provide service to me. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I apologize, you are correct, but things are changing, as that link came up on page 5 for me today.  I will update the information I have sent.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry.  As I have said, the hours have always been Monday-Friday with SEO team being available from 8am to 6pm Mountain time.  They have never been open on the weekend.  Typical turnaround time is within 48 business hours.  I am trying to help you quicker, but can't promise that. 
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Okay, thanks for the info. It's not the info I wanted to hear but it's info. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome, and I will keep trying.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Okay, I need your help. On google searches, my company does not show up at all. What can we do now to try to handle this? Why do you think it's an SEO problem? Are there other possible fixes to try? There must be some other procedures to check and try. Let me know. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am truly not sure what has happened there, but typically with Google, it is better to figure out what went wrong, before taking measures to fix it. I am considering options.
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Right, I totally understand. Of course find out what went wrong and then take measures to fix. 
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

I want to make sure you have accurate information. When I say it's not showing up at all I mean this exactly. You indicated that it showed up on page 5 on a google search. This is factually not correct, it was a duda mobile link you were looking at. I just want to make sure you have accurate information in order to pull the string on this and get to the actual WHY on what happened. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I absolutely do.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Dave0600,

There are a number of reasons that your position in Google may rise or fall, but only Google knows exactly why.  You're campaign will be reviewed and you will be contacted tomorrow concerning this matter.

I did a recheck on all 3 of your optimized keywords in all 3 search engines this morning. I found all 3 ranked page 1 or 2 on Bing and Yahoo for www.  On Google, I still found the Dudamobile result for  Minneapolis Chimney Sweep on page 5.  The other 2 keywords were found on page 9 to www.  As the Dudamobile site is part of the domain being optimized, it still benefits from the campaign. I understand that the results are important. Hopefully it is just an expected fluctuation from the Google update being rolled out and will self correct, but you can discuss that more with the SEO team tomorrow.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Drew, 
I appreciate the communication. 
However, some key points I want you to look at:
You didn't click on the Dudamobile result--if you click on it all it does is send you to the "preview your site" page. This is NOT what a customer is looking for. It is what I would use to preview and edit my mobile site. It's of no benefit to the campaign. 
I specifically indicated to you that the problem is NOT with Bing, Yahoo, etc. 
You keep pointing out the search rankings for these search engines. Why? This isn't the problem so don't keep referring to the search results for these search engines. 
If you use Google Chrome as the search engine my company does not show up. This does not have anything to do with a rise or fall in position. It does not show up. The campaign intention from the very beginning was to focus on and get a first page ranking on Google and right now on Google Chrome it simply does not show up. It has not fallen in position, it simply does not have a position. 
This problem should have been caught and handled by an on-the-ball Homestead SEO team. 
Don't pin the blame on Google. If this were the actuality then none of my competitors would be showing up on Google Chrome search results either, would they? 
My company's goal is to dominate the industry and be the #1 company in my industry. So I need the very best website, the very best SEO, the very best in customer service in handling any web issues, the very best. 
So email me back with some real solutions! 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Dave0600,

There are no instant solutions.  The SEO team will be in touch with you tomorrow. I am not blaming Google for anything, simply saying that only they know why there is a position change. It is a position change and apparently a drastic one, but you are still indexed by Google, as shown in the picture below. You are correct that link did not work on a PC using Chrome to the m.site,, but it is working on my Android phone using Chrome. Perhaps the SEO team can shed some light on that, because I am not sure why that is.

As for Chimney Cleaning Minneapolis and Chimney Sweep MN, I found both on page 9 of the results, using Chrome and successfully linking to the www. page. Please speak with the SEO team when they contact you tomorrow for additional details. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything more I can tell you, than I already have. I am sorry, and understand your frustration, but I have reached the limit of information that I can provide to you.

By placing site: in front of your domain name in a Google search, it will display the indexed pages for www.mplsblueskychimneysweeps.com.  If you get results, then it is a ranking issue. Your pages are indexed and can be found. I am not arguing with you that the ranking change is severe, just answering your question from earlier as to why I believe it is an SEO issue.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Drew, 
Thanks for all this information. 
But this is why I pay Homestead. The full-package service includes monthly maintenance, SEO, etc. 
Obviously someone dropped the ball and failed to deliver this paid-for service to me. 
This is not okay. If there was an expected Google fluctuation that had the potential to affect my site ranking then the SEO team should have already handled this. 
I shouldn't have to alert Homestead that my site ranking dropped, you should have already known about it and handled it already. 
I expect the very best service from Homestead but I'm not getting it. 
I'm getting a lot of technical reasons and rationalizations for this dropped ball rather than Homestead rolling up their sleeves and delivering a stellar product to me. 
Simply not okay. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have given you the best information I can. I simply don't have all the tools and training of the SEO team, who, I have no doubt, have rolled up their sleeves and are working to improve the results. Unfortunately, there are no instant ways to return immediately to a previous ranking position.

Drew
Photo of Dave0600

Dave0600

Drew, 
Thanks for all this information. 
But this is why I pay Homestead. The full-package service includes monthly maintenance, SEO, etc. 
Obviously someone dropped the ball and failed to deliver this paid-for service to me. 
This is not okay. If there was an expected Google fluctuation that had the potential to affect my site ranking then the SEO team should have already handled this. 
I shouldn't have to alert Homestead that my site ranking dropped, you should have already known about it and handled it already. 
I expect the very best service from Homestead but I'm not getting it. 
I'm getting a lot of technical reasons and rationalizations for this dropped ball rather than Homestead rolling up their sleeves and delivering a stellar product to me. 
Simply not okay. 
Photo of Joshua1860

Joshua1860

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Similar problem here. My website is completely gone all of a sudden. www.hallgop.com. Browsers say it's not available, and it is gone from search engines. We're a political party two days out from a general election. Not good.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joshua1860,

Your problem is completely different. I have already merged you other post into the solution for your problem. Go to this topic, https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.