My web builder keeps crashing when I try to edit a page of my website.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

My web builder keeps crashing when I try to edit a page of my website, even scrolling has caused the program to "stop working and must close". I have rebooted, cleaned up my system and shut down ALL programs except for background programs. The web builder seems to be exceeding my computer's 4 gig RAM and my Intel Duo Core processor's capacity. What's gives? I have been able to edit the site until recently.
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,766 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Clear browser history: Your need to refresh or clear your cache and browser history, (Ctrl/Shift/Delete)
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

Well, that worked for about 5 seconds. I could do one edit and before I saved it the frigging program crashed. I am beginning to really HATE Homestead!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,766 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're the only party having a problem. Are you using SB+ or sitebuilder desktop?
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

SitebuilderLPX is what keeps crashing for me, it actually let me move 3 or 4 things today before crashing.
Photo of Attila2920

Attila2920

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
In my experience it can happen due to a virus or malware program. Also i have noticed a "bad" external storage device (HDD,usb key) can cause programs such as SBplus to crash. (Or even your on HDD can mess you and the PC up) You might need to reinstall your operating system to make sure there are no infections of any kind in the system. Forget about virus removal tools, won't do the job :( Clean reinstall is the only way. If possible, upgrade your PC with SSD drive (if you have not done it so). Does not cost that much at all, but speeds you up like hell :) 4gig RAM is just enough for this program to work properly- especially with an SSD drive. Good luck!
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

This is a recent phenomenon. The program has been working fine for several years on this computer, for the most part. I have had instances where it would crash. Now, it's constant. The SiteBuilderLPX has a problem and must close.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.