My site was built with SBdesktop now I want to work only on one page with SBPlus

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Does it work ?
To open index page on SiteBuilder Plus
after I built the whole site on SBdesktop?
Anybody?
Photo of HannaK

HannaK

• 1,014 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 25,100 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We would not recommend working on only 1 page in Sitebuilder plus. The best experience would be to use Sitebuilder plus going forward for editing all pages. From the desktop builder go to the file manager and upload all pages. This will upload the content to Sitebuilder plus to edit using the online builder. 
Photo of HannaK

HannaK

Thank you Michelle
Do you have an address of some one who already made this?
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,594 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I have a site that was originally built using desktop sitebuilder quite a few years ago that I now use sitebuilder plus to maintain. I've not had any problems associated with switching over. Even the scripting for my mobile pages transferred over with no problems

Please understand that my pages on the site are extremely bland when compared with sites other homestead users have built. For my needs all I want is for the customer to call/text/email me to set up an appointment.

If you visit https://www.drywallcarolina.com/ using a desktop/laptop you'll be directed to my desktop index. If you access the site using a phone you'll be directed to my mobile index.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thank you Steve, for providing an example. It should be a fairly easy process to transition. 
Photo of HannaK

HannaK

Thanks Steve4468
It looks great!
Still I am a bit concerned as I have more than 7000 files on my site on about 70 pages - 20 years of work
I will be happy to see more sites  or hear about the editor change.
Thanks in advance
HannaK
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Unfortunately, I do not have a list of sites that have made that transition as this is not something we monitor but maybe someone who has will come across this post and share their site. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.