MY one domain is down...WHY it MUST be back up ASAP!!!!! www.tsrcanada.com

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Why has my domain been down for 3 days now...I am loosing business yet again!!! Please ensure that this is up and running TODAY! thank you
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

• 2,480 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • ticked off

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rohit Mathur

Rohit Mathur

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I completely sympathize with you. We are in the same boat where we got an automated email on Fri that the domain has been shut down and their support is inaccessible for 3 days. It is so frustrating.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Twiggy / Rohat. It could be a tech fault at Homestead's end but it could be another issue. Twiggy I can see your Domain name is hosted by Homestead, that means that any renewals are automatically paid and applied to your account.However, Domain names are registered with the international registrar ICANN. Periodically they will email the address on the original application and request verification from the "registrant" ( you) not Homestead and if they do not get a response the domain name is suspended. Twiggy I also saw your had an up date applied of 14. December 2016...could this be a verification request?  This link explains more.  https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information

I am not saying this is the reason, but a possibility you need to check. I expect the tech guys to be back Tuesday if you want to wait for them to check... Good Luck
Photo of Rohit Mathur

Rohit Mathur

Thanks Brian. Is there any way to bring back our website up today? We have deals going on at Groupon and Yelp plus other customers to our website to sign up for yoga classes. We are losing business every second :(
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Sadly I cant, I am just a builder like yourself, if the above tutorial didn't throw any light on the problem it could well be a technical problem with Homestead.. what's your domain name?
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Hi Brian, thank you for that, however I did not receive any email and I know what your referring to. I also get a letter in the mail. I have nothing and I have had this domain for years,,,,,oddly enough homestead will allow me to add emails to the domain.....very odd.
This might help...https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of Rohit Mathur

Rohit Mathur

Hi Brian,

My domain is www.mindbodyyogaaustin.com. I read the link but I don't think it is an ICANN issue; this is more of Homestead canceling the account for some reason I am not sure - maybe payment/billing related but there is no way to figure it out since they have deactivated my site login :(

Thanks,
Rohit
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Hmm dont know if you followed the link regarding expired domain but this is what it says :- If you are receiving a message saying your domain is expired when going to your domain, then you will need to renew your domain with us. Failure to renew your domain could result in losing ownership of the domain. In order for your domain to stay active so it will not expire, your domain will need to be on an active Homestead account that is in good standing.

If you need to renew your domain, you can create a private conversation here at the community, or contact our support by either chatting with a representative online or calling at 1-800-710-1998. "

ICANN record shows domain name expired 30th December 2016

Log into Homestead and look for the link to your account, you should be able to see how the account is..renewal dates etc...Hope it all gets sorted for you..
Photo of Rohit Mathur

Rohit Mathur

Thanks Brian. the thing is that they have disabled my Homestead account so I can't log in there at all to even figure what's wrong :(
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Oh that helps !!!!!...:(  Drew or Todd will be in here Tuesday morning and I am sure they will be able to get it all sorted for you.. Good Luck
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Still waiting.....not good when my whole company is DOWN for more than 3 days!! HELP
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Twiggy, I see you contacted support. Unfortunately with the ICANN suspension, there are now more difficult rules. Unfortunately, as the agent advised, since you do not have access to the old email address, you will need to contact compliance.
Photo of Lisa6531

Lisa6531

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having a similar problem, apparently the ICANN notice was went to an old inactive email ( my fault) I sent an email to the compliance department but it got returned to me.  Drew, can you give me that email address again, I must have written in down wrong
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

HI Drew, Happy New Year......I contacted them first thing this am...why is it taking so long to get back to me? 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Compliance typically responds in 24-48 business hours. I am sorry.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

I still have nothing.....I hope I do not loose this domain...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Twiggy, I checked with Compliance and they did receive an email from you. They were going to reply soon, but I can give you the information now. You need to send them a picture of a government issued ID, like a driver's license or passport. The address on this document must have the same address as the domain address. If it does not, then you will need to provide some additional documentation that you are the domain owner. Sorry for the process, but ICANN has made some silly new rules that are causing trouble.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Hi Drew, 
where am I sending this to? Same address as abve..I hope as I am sending that now.
Thank you!
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

I have sent the info to the compliance email....Drew - please confirm they have it and please provide an eta.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

DREW, sorry but do you know why the other domain I signed up for is not done? I was charged for it through my credit card.....I have this message on the account....how can you charge me for something that is not registered? Your domain registration was unsuccessful. Contact Us for further instructions. I clicked on the link and it just gives me circles increasing and decreasing in size. ..Please help.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. They did not receive anything from lisa@the-staffroom.com. Did you use a different email?

Will the new domain be for a new site?
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

it was sent from the same email....and no to be re-directed to the main one...same as the tsrcanada one is....I will send that again
Thank you Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They are sending another request. Since your license does not match the address on the domain, you also need to send a utility bill or something that has the same address as the domain.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Twiggy, if you don't have a utility bill that matches the address, then you can send a receipt of payment for the PO box that the domain uses as an address.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Twiggy, They found enough confirmation that they updated it to the the-staffroom.com address. We know that one works. If you want a different one, let us know, but since you have access to that one, you should receive the emails at both addresses.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.